Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good, cheap place to get the "inspection" completed in order to pick up your Dallas permit once Uber emails you that its ready? I looked on the city of Dallas website and had a hard time getting in touch with some of the cheaper places($40 and under). The one that said $0 was completely wrong as when I called they informed me its actually $185. Do we have to pick from one of those places listed, or can we go anywhere?

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Anyone know a good, cheap place to get the "inspection" completed in order to pick up your Dallas permit once Uber emails you that its ready? I looked on the city of Dallas website and had a hard time getting in touch with some of the cheaper places($40 and under). The one that said $0 was completely wrong as when I called they informed me its actually $185. Do we have to pick from one of those places listed, or can we go anywhere?
you have to pick one of those places and Toyota of irving is the cheapest but heard they fail some, my Lyft mentor suggested JT

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What was the actual price at T of I? Alot of the prices on the Dallas site are incorrect. I tried calling them on Monday, nobody ever answered and I gave up after about 20 minutes of trying.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
What was the actual price at T of I? Alot of the prices on the Dallas site are incorrect. I tried calling them on Monday, nobody ever answered and I gave up after about 20 minutes of trying.
I have not gone but heard they are very picky and will fail you on any kind of chip on the glass or body issue

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Have to pick one of those places. Uber will not mail permit to you. Once you get car inspection go down to Uber's office with receipt & DL & they will issue. Toyota of Irving is cheaper but picky. I heard JT is not that picky.

·
Registered
106 Posts
you have to pick one of those places and Toyota of irving is the cheapest but heard they fail some, my Lyft mentor suggested JT
It's not! I called today since the site said it was $20 Toyota of Irving KNOWS IT SAYS $20 and it's really $79.99.. So I'm going to freedom Chevrolet tomorrow for mine... The Chevrolet at love field isn't doing any inspections right now because their machine is "broken" and won't be doing anymore inspections for the rest of the year

·
Registered
20 Posts
I heard they have an uber rep at mobil 1 in carrollton this wk. so youre supposedly able to get the inspection and permit in the same place. not sure how much it costs at mobil 1 though

·
Registered
29 Posts
Uber had a rep on site yesterday at the Mobil 1 in Carrollton so you could your Dallas Vehicle Sticker right after you passed the inspection. I talked to a driver who tried to go there. Total cluster. 20+ cars there. No sign in sheet or queuing system in place.... A free for all. Drivers were yelling at mechanics. Mechanics were overrun and talking back to drivers. My friend left and went to the Mobile 1 on 15th in Plano. No wait. Passed and then went to the Uber office in Allen and got the Vehicle Permit. Paid $95 at mobile 1 but it was done with no wait.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.