Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF YOU EVEN TAKE ONE INSTANT PAY PAYMENT FROM UBER, DAILYPAY WILL CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT AND TAKE AN INVOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL FROM YOUR PAYMENT BANK.

I have been on the phone for almost an hour trying to sort this out with my bank. I only cashed out one day of earnings with Instant Pay--I had a new driver bonus that I did not cash out with Instant Pay--my payment for the earnings I did not cash out never hit my account and now that $ has vanished and DailyPay just notified me that they will be pulling $225 from my account.

Calls to DailyPay have gone completely unanswered. The line rings busy over and over again.

DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE. Also, shame on you, DailyPay!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since Instant Pay seems to be new to this market I want to give you a friendly warning....

IF YOU EVEN TAKE ONE INSTANT PAY PAYMENT FROM UBER, DAILYPAY WILL CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT AND TAKE AN INVOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL FROM YOUR PAYMENT BANK.

I have been on the phone for almost an hour trying to sort this out with my bank. I only cashed out one day of earnings with Instant Pay--I had a new driver bonus that I did not cash out with Instant Pay--my payment for the earnings I did not cash out never hit my account and now that $ has vanished and DailyPay just notified me that they will be pulling $225 from my account.

Calls to DailyPay have gone completely unanswered. The line rings busy over and over again.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
From your attachment it's clear that Daily Pay advanced you the $225 you were owed from Uber. Daily Pay just took what was rightfully theirs. I made a comment many months ago about Daily Pay when they 1st started advertising on the UP Forum. I actually was repremanaded for my comment. But it looks like some people don't read the fine print of Daily Pay just as the same fine print of Uber.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is inaccurate as Uber just issued a payment of $250 to the routing and checking account number associated with my DailyPay account. So DailyPay is getting paid the $250 that they had paid me for the advance.

The least DailyPay can do at this point is wait for the dust to settle before attempting to pull money from an account that isn't there. Instead they notified me that they were immediately pursuing an ACH withdrawal from the wrong account, or call to problem solve.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Not daily pay's fault....they advanced money to you, then u cashed out pay that was supposed to be reimbursed back to them.

You are completely in the wrong here and I find it hilarious you're whining about it.

I started using daily pay a few weeks ago because the instant pay option always seemed to be down and I couldn't get my money.

I did some research on go bank and found a lot of reports on bad business practices. People actually losing their money.

I decided to sign on with DP because I like that the money goes directly to my personal bank account. Which is clearly safer. They told me I had to close out my go bank account before they could get me signed up.

It's to protect them from people doing what you did.

So far the service has been flawless. Every day I get money sent to my account except Sunday.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
The least DailyPay can do at this point is wait for the dust to settle before attempting to pull money.
There's no such time frame as to "wait for the dust to settle" when you're dealing with a big business tech company.
Wait till you have to deal with a big insurance company for a commercial claim. All these big companies know one very important factor of Uber drivers. Uber drivers can ill afford any time. Big companies will take from you immediately, but give to you at their convienence. Big business knows you cannot afford legal representation either monitarially or time wise. Time will always be the small business owners worst enemy.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Not daily pay's fault....they advanced money to you, then u cashed out pay that was supposed to be reimbursed back to them.

You are completely in the wrong here and I find it hilarious you're whining about it.

I started using daily pay a few weeks ago because the instant pay option always seemed to be down and I couldn't get my money.

I did some research on go bank and found a lot of reports on bad business practices. People actually losing their money.

I decided to sign on with DP because I like that the money goes directly to my personal bank account. Which is clearly safer. They told me I had to close out my go bank account before they could get me signed up.

It's to protect them from people doing what you did.

So far the service has been flawless. Every day I get money sent to my account except Sunday.
Oh, you cleared that right up. Now I see. He was robbing Peter to pay Paul. Thank you Reversoul.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

It's to protect them from people that do what you did.
I'll repeat myself and clarify, and I'm really sad that you think me posting a warning constitutes as whining.

I did not sign up for GoBank-- I opted to use my personal debit card for Instant Pay.

I did not cash out any of the $250 via Instant Pay because I had already been paid for it via DailyPay and I wanted to make sure they got the pass through payment properly. I had no idea and no warning that the two services were incompatible. There's no extra money in my account at all and I am not trying to defraud anyone.

I checked my Uber Vault and my Uber weekly pay is still linked to my DailyPay account. (I wont post those screenshots for obvious reasons). So my weekly Uber pay (minus the amount that I did cash out via Instant Pay for earnings beyond that $250) is definitely going to DailyPay. However DailyPay is taking an ACH withdrawal from me in the amount of $225, for money I didn't receive from Uber, before I would even have gotten my Uber payment.

There are some serious logistical issues here. My complaint is that DailyPay couldn't wait 2-3 days for the dust to settle so I could find the money and make sure they got theirs.

·
Registered
241 Posts

Hi there,

Unfortunately, Instant Pay (by Uber) and DailyPay can not operate simultaneously. DailyPay advances your earnings throughout the current week with the expectation of receiving your weekly payment from Uber the following week. If a Partner begins to 'Cash Out' with Instant Pay then there will not be a reimbursement the following week by Uber. In such a case, your DailyPay account is immediately canceled and the current weeks advance(s) are pulled back.

Please note that our client service phone lines are open 9am to 6pm EST Monday through Friday. We would be happy to discuss in further detail then.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi there,

Unfortunately, Instant Pay (by Uber) and DailyPay can not operate simultaneously. DailyPay advances your earnings throughout the current week with the expectation of receiving your weekly payment from Uber the following week. If a Partner begins to 'Cash Out' with Instant Pay then there will not be a reimbursement the following week by Uber. In such a case, your DailyPay account is immediately canceled and the current weeks advance(s) are pulled back.

Please note that our client service phone lines are open 9am to 6pm EST Monday through Friday. We would be happy to discuss in further detail then.
Thank you, I attempted to call for about half an hour as soon as I got the email but your lines were ringing busy. I hope it's not as bad tomorrow and I hope you will take this feedback so you issue a warning to people in markets where instant pay is new.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thank you, I attempted to call for about half an hour as soon as I got the email but your lines were ringing busy. I hope it's not as bad tomorrow and I hope you will take this feedback so you issue a warning to people in markets where instant pay is new.
Thanks for your understanding and I've addressed your feedback to the team! Our lines are open now if you wanted to speak to someone live :)

All the best.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DailyPay is independent of Uber and has worked flawlessly for me. Of course, I have never tried to double dip from the kitty. :rolleyes:
Wrong. I was not trying to double dip. I figured that DailyPay would notice that I had cashed out for Saturday earnings (which I wanted to cash out so I could get them before Tuesday) but had left my referral bonus (not eligible for cash out via Instant Pay) alone.

I went to the Uber hub and double checked that $249.50 was going to be credited to my direct deposit account (which is still linked to DailyPay), then managed to get ahold of someone at DailyPay and explain the situation. The problem is that the email I received was worded such that I understood there was going to be an immediate ACH debit of $225 from an account that didn't have it.

Everything is fixed now, I am not a thief, and my warning still stands--Instant Pay (even the kind that goes to your personal debit card, not the GoBank kind that is "free") and DailyPay are not compatible services. Everyone in the Minneapolis market should still know this because the service is new.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Apologies if you thought I was implying or inferring that you were stealing in any way. I sincerely believe you had no intent of the sort.

I think it would be a great idea for Daily Pay to put a notice or warning message out to their Uber driver subscribers to not use Express Pay while utilizing Daily Pay. I can see where it would be problematic.

Anyway, I'm glad you got things resolved.

Uber on!

:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm only getting 25 % advance rate smh
(We hold 75% to avoid having to ask you for any money back for any adjustments on your unfinalized earnings.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cancel Daily Pay, Uber now have Instant pay deposit to my Debit card. Daily pay is more like a loan company , upon canselation i owed them a $300 which i dont know were the moneys goes omg!!! Best advice stay away from Daily Pay

·
Registered
65 Posts
I cancel Daily Pay, Uber now have Instant pay deposit to my Debit card. Daily pay is more like a loan company , upon canselation i owed them a $300 which i dont know were the moneys goes omg!!! Best advice stay away from Daily Pay
u should read the posts above. when dailypay sends u money, they get paid by uber on the pay day. if u cancel before then, then of course u owe them b.c u already received your pay.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts