Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Note; I will update my progress on daily basis by editing this thread.

Alright guys, I hv decided to quit uber and have given myself 10 weeks challenge to quit uber. I know many of you don't give a shit but this thread is to keep me motivated. In 10 weeks, I have to save $18,000 by working for uber. I am making this thread to record my daily progress to keep myself motivated. After 10 weeks, I will quit uber no matter I finish my challenge or no.

Here is the plan I have devised to finish my challenge by saving money each week;

Week 1; $500
Week 2; $2000
Week 3; $4000
Week 4; $6000
Week 5; $8000
Week 6; $10,000
Week 7; $12,000
Week 8; $14,000
Week 9; $16,000
Week 10; $18,000

So essentially every week I hv to save minimum $2000 to achieve this target.

My expenses will be as follow;
Fuel; $350 (each week)
Tolls; $50 (each week)
Rent where I am living; $250 (each week)
Food and other essentials; $100 (each week)

So this mean, I have to generate at least $2750 every week by driving for uber. $2000 will go to savings account and $750 for weekly expenses.

I know I also have to pay GST but let's forget GST at this stage as I am already under debt of $4000 in GST for last 3 quarters. Once I will finish my target, I will go on payment plan with ATO to pay my GST.

Other things that can effect my target are any speeding, red light fines or car breakdown. I am hoping, I will be immune to these things for at least next few weeks.

I hate myself that I have fallen so much in my life that I have to drive for uber like a taxi driver for living. Though I hold a university degree in engineering and couple of years ago, I was working on a $80,000 job + super. I was made redundant from that job and from then I am on free fall to being a lowest form of human. Let's admit, uber is one of the worst possible job out there. If you tell someone you are driving uber, it's an instant turn off. No respect for uber drivers. By driving for uber, I hv no more social life, my weight increased from 78kg to 96kg, my ex left me because she thought I am loser in life now. Now it's time to get back everything I have lost. 1st step is to get rid of uber.

What I am going to do after I achieve this target; I hv around $10,000 savings and by adding additional $18,000, I will hv $28,000 savings. It's not much but at least it will be a decent cushion if any adverse thing happen. I will go back to job hunting mode + enroll myself in educational certifications in my field to cover my last 2 years.

Ok, enough life story. So far my progress is as follow;

Week 1; $500 saved. Target achieved
Week 2; $2000 saved. Target achieved
Week 3; in progress.
17 Feb; $1255 made so far. By end of 17 feb, I hv to made at least $1500 after uber cut. I know I can do this. It's only $245 more.
Update; couldn't made to $1500. Finished night with $1460
18feb; starts at 5am. Target for day is $600

·
Registered
165 Posts
Good luck mate. My life has gone to shit similar to yours and Uber has helped a little but not enough. I hope you get out of this hole and find something that makes the most of your skills and achievements.

All the best Mr punjabi.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go Paaji!!!

Ambitious goals though. 60+hour weeks, are you crazy??
I am in Slave mode for next 7 weeks. Remember the days when Slaves had to work 16-18 hours daily just for bread???? Well, whenever I get depress, I envision them. If they can work all life 16-18 hours daily, I hv to just work 7 more weeks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Remember the days when Slaves had to work 16-18 hours daily just for bread????
Yeah like yesterday. :confused:

Remember there's been a few legal changes in the centuries that passed since, effectively making slavery illegal?? If you are young and strong enough, of course you can do it, but is it worth it??

·
Registered
1,447 Posts

Alright guys, I hv decided to quit uber and have given myself 10 weeks challenge to quit uber. I know many of you don't give a shit but this thread is to keep me motivated. In 10 weeks, I have to save $18,000 by working for uber. I am making this thread to record my daily progress to keep myself motivated. After 10 weeks, I will quit uber no matter I finish my challenge or no.

Here is the plan I have devised to finish my challenge by saving money each week;

Week 1; $500
Week 2; $2000
Week 3; $4000
Week 4; $6000
Week 5; $8000
Week 6; $10,000
Week 7; $12,000
Week 8; $14,000
Week 9; $16,000
Week 10; $18,000

Fuel; $350 (each week)
Tolls; $50 (each week)

So this mean, I have to generate at least $2750 every week by driving for uber. $2000 will go to savings account and $750 for weekly expenses.

I know I also have to pay GST but let's forget GST at this stage as I am already under debt of $4000 in GST for last 3 quarters. Once I will finish my target, I will go on payment plan with ATO to pay my GST.

Other things that can effect my target are any speeding, red light fines or car breakdown. I am hoping, I will be immune to these things for at least next few weeks.

I hate myself that I have fallen so much in my life that I have to drive for uber like a taxi driver for living. Though I hold a university degree in engineering and couple of years ago, I was working on a $80,000 job + super. I was made redundant from that job and from then I am on free fall to being a lowest form of human. Let's admit, uber is one of the worst possible job out there. If you tell someone you are driving uber, it's an instant turn off. No respect for uber drivers. By driving for uber, I hv no more social life, my weight increased from 78kg to 96kg, my ex left me because she thought I am loser in life now. Now it's time to get back everything I have lost. 1st step is to get rid of uber.

What I am going to do after I achieve this target; I hv around $10,000 savings and by adding additional $18,000, I will hv $28,000 savings. It's not much but at least it will be a decent cushion if any adverse thing happen. I will go back to job hunting mode + enroll myself in educational certifications in my field to cover my last 2 years.

Week 3; in progress.
17 Feb; $1255 made so far. By end of 17 feb, I hv to made at least $1500 after uber cut. I know I can do this. It's only $245 more.
Great stuff champ. I suggest you go brothel mid week to take the edge of and realise why you are working so hard.
You can also have a couple of showers... relax.. all for 130$ at the asian ones.

Work hard..play hard.

I like your honesty but would say if your fatigued take it easy. Shame to loose one of the very few members of this forum.

But stay offline between 4pm and 8pm mondays. Brothel time?
Gluck ;)

·
Banned
1,031 Posts

Week 1; $500
Week 2; $2000
Week 3; $4000
Week 4; $6000
Week 5; $8000
Week 6; $10,000
Week 7; $12,000
Week 8; $14,000
Week 9; $16,000
Week 10; $18,000

Fuel; $350 (each week)
Tolls; $50 (each week)

Week 3; in progress.
Good luck mate. Getting the hell out of Uber should be on everyone's plan.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Punjabi Driver I don't care whether you are full of crap or you do two lines of Coke every day you are one entertaining dude and I for one wish you all the best. The next time you have a red-hot tip on who will win the cricket can you please keep it to yourself!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts