Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in just a matter of hours Judge Chen will be issuing some kind of something regarding CLASS ACTION of 160,000 potential plaintiffs against Uber in employee misclassification... any pre-thoughts.. predictions... the Judge Chen Pre-Game Show is now on the air....

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"D-Day has arrived..."
That's a bit over dramatic, I'd say. There likely won't be a ruling today.

What's At Stake In Uber Lawsuit's Class-Action Hearing
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenhu...social&utm_channel=Technology&linkId=16105637
excerpt from this Forbes article...

<<Judge Chen is not expected to make an official decision on Thursday afternoon, though he may indicate which way he will rule, and will issue a written decision in the next few weeks.>>

if today is not D-Day then we'll call it Pre-D-Day .. but i think we might get a good feel once we read the transcripts of the hearing

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Uber will never classy us as employees. That goes against their profit making business model. Uber will always have the option to give us drivers a lot more leeway as so we wont be classified as employees from the ruling going forward.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Any particular direction this thing is heading?
Judging from the various tweets mentioning the judge "Raising Eyebrows" at Uber Atty., I'd say that this thing is headed towards a Class Certification.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts