Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
$0.85/mile
$0.11/minute

Confirmed by Lyft rep. Ouch.
Its not exactly the same: you get to avoid a lot of unpaid minutes and most pickup miles

And it makes short work of PDB quotas

Also, for reasons incomprehensible, there's an absolutely unreasonable number of gorgeous girls using LyftLine....and they feel peer pressured to be nice to you, while the guys feel obliged to behave to make good impressions on their co-customerettes

...if anything, it seems like the Line commuters got some intense personal insight into the business of drivering random strangers, and got some appreciation for the skill of making nice with a random assortment of strangers in a small confined space

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Can't stand Line requests so just rating them 3 or less.

Passengers don't seem to understand that by choosing Line they are shorting drivers income when in fact they say they like Lyft more so than Uber or Taxi.

Fine then take this driver out of your Line. Who wants to do the same work (actually Line is more aggravating) for less pay? You can find another driver next time. Once your rating hits a certain level, good luck finding a driver to pick you up.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Its not exactly the same: you get to avoid a lot of unpaid minutes and most pickup miles

And it makes short work of PDB quotas

Also, for reasons incomprehensible, there's an absolutely unreasonable number of gorgeous girls using LyftLine....and they feel peer pressured to be nice to you, while the guys feel obliged to behave to make good impressions on their co-customerettes
Bahahahaahaa ok.

...if anything, it seems like the Line commuters got some intense personal insight into the business of drivering random strangers, and got some appreciation for the skill of making nice with a random assortment of strangers in a small confined space
I really wish you'd move to San Diego. You could take all the crappy Line requests because you seem to like them so much. I don't even mind giving up all the "gorgeous girls" who use Line (of which I've not seen one). Enjoy, you've earned 'em!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only Line benefit that counts for me is PDB help.

I don't mind the idea of Line riders splitting the cost as much as I do that the rate is even cheaper than the already too-low-for-LA $0.88/$0.16.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Line is much more work for the drivers for less pay.

What really gets to me is that when a pax requests Line for 2 pax, they are charged $1 more. Lyft pockets this charge and the driver sees nothing of it. They take 100% of this fee. So in effect, passengers pay less for their ride, Lyft makes $1 more per ride, and drivers get paid less. Why wouldn't drivers be angry at this proposition?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
View do drivers get paid less? Less than you deserve, yes. But you get full Lyft rate but with a few more miles. Yah, you get screwed a pick up fee, but you get longer miles as if one driver had multiple stops.

But it's up to you. I'm sure every market is different.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Bahahahaahaa ok.

I really wish you'd move to San Diego. You could take all the crappy Line requests because you seem to like them so much. I don't even mind giving up all the "gorgeous girls" who use Line (of which I've not seen one). Enjoy, you've earned 'em!
Ok lemme revise that: sometimes I need peak hours and intentionally hunt line

1 - 8 of 8 Posts