Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove Lyft this whole week to see how it would compared to Uber. This is not the actual payout but it's a pretty good guess of how I did. Curious how others did and how it compares to Uber.

Week's earning $1248
20% PDB $249
120 ride bonus $200
Tips $78

Total PDB+tips+tips $527

Doesn't seems that much different then the Uber but only because of tips.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Drove Lyft this whole week to see how it would compared to Uber. This is not the actual payout but it's a pretty good guess of how I did. Curious how others did and how it compares to Uber.

Week's earning $1248
20% PDB $249
120 ride bonus $200
Tips $78

Total PDB+tips+tips $527

just hit my 100th ride.I guess I'm getting the 20%+ $150 .I really wanted the $200 +20% but I took yesterday off.Seems like it's easier now to qualify for the weekly PDB

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Yea 100 seems to be the sweet spot. I can do that in around 32 hours clocked in. 120 is too much work and means you gotta do two shifts a day or be stuck in the slow hours.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For some reason lyft is able to be more accurate with hours driven than uber I think it's less dead miles driven with lyft
Greenie did you drive the morning rush ?
Hardly ever do the morning commute. Mostly just evenings. Predominantly Thursday, Friday, Saturday and daytime Sunday.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts

Week's earning $1248
20% PDB $249
120 ride bonus $200
Tips $78

Total PDB+tips+tips $527

So itd 1250 plus extra 550....or is it 1250 total?

·
Registered
171 Posts
And just to confirm that took you an average of 40 hours?

That's pretty good.

Would you say the passengers were more enjoyable (even slightly) than those using Uber's platform? Haha

I hate driving for Uber.

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts
I can't do that with an XL / Plus vehicle.

Our pickup times and rides are longer, and operating costs are higher.

Why are the number of rides to get the bonuses the same for XL / Plus? Because of this it is now VERY BAD to drive a big car in SF for Lyft or Uber.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can't do that with an XL / Plus vehicle.

Our pickup times and rides are longer, and operating costs are higher.

Why are the number of rides to get the bonuses the same for XL / Plus? Because of this it is now VERY BAD to drive a big car in SF for Lyft or Uber.
Yeah, they are not taking care of us XL/Plus drivers. As an added insult Uber even takes 28% of XL fare :-(

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts
Yeah, they are not taking care of us XL/Plus drivers. As an added insult Uber even takes 28% of XL fare :-(
An easy step to help would be bring back independent XL surge pricing. The customers may have not liked it but they got great service.

XL is awful right now in SF for drivers. :/

·
Registered
99 Posts
An easy step to help would be bring back independent XL surge pricing. The customers may have not liked it but they got great service.

XL is awful right now in SF for drivers. :/
I live in San Jose and at least here, surge is independent. It is often surging on XL while X is not, less often, the reverse is the case (X surging, XL not).
On Lyft, I don't know if they're independent. I hardly ever drive for Lyft since I can't go on-line in Plus only mode. Driving an Expedition at regular Lyft rates or at X rates is not cool.

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts
XL surge was independent until it was changed two weeks ago in SF to match X, and my XL profit is down 80% now. There is no surge on X so XL is now a joke in SF.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. It's just just one more reason for me to set my destination filter for anywhere but SF and get out of there quickly when I do have pax that need a ride into the city. The good thing about that is that since I'm XL, I'll usually get a ping with df on and it's almost always to SFO. After that I can turn off the df and just head down the peninsula and get some RC and Mt. View surges if I'm lucky.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts