Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car has $100,000 miles on it and runs great......let's say year and a half from now it says $175,000 - will it still pass an uber inspection cause of the mileage?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
100,000 miles in a little over a year and a half? All for Uber? You paid cash or how long is your note?
Uber lyft was most of it and veyo.....I owe about $10,000 on the car.....hmmm friend is a mechanic so we do all the maintenance and just keepbir running at its best.....I will go till the engine eventually gives out then just replace it.....but it runs just like I took it off the lot.....I have no reason to turn the car in for a trade and/or never wanted to.....keep the car in good shape and it will last a long time

·
Registered
192 Posts
Curious how much your 100,000 miles netted you so far. I'm going to venture a guess around $37,000 - $47,000.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Curious how much your 100,000 miles netted you so far. I'm going to venture a guess around $37,000 - $47,000.
Little more than that.....XL only and Veyo some lyft but I don't do that app much ....I'm nearing $59,000.......started driving from the end of July last year but rates were much higher then also....plus with more drivers the money has dropped a little but still can't complain.....for me it works cause after my relationship went to hell over a year ago I have just had time drive whenver I feel like it which IS MUCH OF THE TIME LOL

·
Registered
351 Posts
Uber lyft was most of it and veyo.....I owe about $10,000 on the car.....hmmm friend is a mechanic so we do all the maintenance and just keepbir running at its best.....I will go till the engine eventually gives out then just replace it.....but it runs just like I took it off the lot.....I have no reason to turn the car in for a trade and/or never wanted to.....keep the car in good shape and it will last a long time
It's a long standing tradition to trade a Dodge in at 100K miles, and for good reason. They can't hold their value, particularly when the engine has "gone out" o_O. Toyota is, hands down, the most reliable and resale valuable car / truck in America. And for 2014 7-passenger SUV's, even a Hyundai Santa Fe would've gotten the job done on XL with the peace of mind that it would run for years AND you'd be able to sell / trade it for a reasonable amount.

http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-resale-full-size-suv-crossover-2014/

·
Registered
920 Posts
Little more than that.....XL only and Veyo
Assume you live in E. Mesa? (85207) bet you're cleaning up with Veyo! That's a great $$ area to start the day from. All the methadone clinics and Banner on Baywood. I've had some very nice early morning Veyo runs to/from there.

Regarding your Dodge dude just regularly change the oil and you should be fine. However would suggest if you haven't done it already flushing out the coolant and changing the transmission fluid and the rear differential.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Assume you live in E. Mesa? (85207) bet you're cleaning up with Veyo! That's a great $$ area to start the day from. All the methadone clinics and Banner on Baywood. I've had some very nice early morning Veyo runs to/from there.

Regarding your Dodge dude just regularly change the oil and you should be fine. However would suggest if you haven't done it already flushing out the coolant and changing the transmission fluid and the rear differential.
Veyo sucks in east mesa. Every trip is to methadone clinics for $4.80. Once there you get a trip 4 miles away that brings you right back. No veyo trips east of ellsworth. Maps not built out yet. Take someone to queen creek or apache junction you have to dead head back. If you drop off at clinic and wait for a while the new veyo drivers who drop after you get the first trips out. It's not first in first out. It's the first the app notices so the moving or dropping cars seem to be up higher on the veyo radar. If I get jumped a couple of times I move down the road and either get a call or circle back.

Veyo drivers think they're making money but it'll take a few years for the maintenance issues to arise. Discount knows that your maintenance is roughly $20/day on top of the vehicle cost. So you better plan on $50-$60 per day as the cost to operate. Now I can usually book $150/day but only really net $100 after all expenses in 8-10 hours. Not very good when I'm only really making $10/hr. In a cab I can make over $15/hr after all expenses if I work over 12 hrs a day and stay busy. Same exact work but I'm making $1.50/mile, $1.80/mile, $2.00/mile and $2.25/mile depending on the account and whether it's cash or a voucher. Veyo's good for people only wanting to work 6-8 hrs a day but if you work 12 or more the cab is a better deal.

·
Registered
920 Posts
There's no doubt Veyo has slowed down tremendously since November now that there's 1000 drivers on the platform. I've been at it almost since the beginning and would routinely make 12 to 17 trips daily starting around 7am and ending around 5 or 6pm. But since April I've had to start earlier and sometimes end later just to complete the same amount of trips as before.

Apparently last week Veyo for the first time on Thursday completed 6000 trips. Funny thing it was slow as hell for me on Thursday so don't know what was up. Also the staff at the Veyo office said they are in the process of signing 2 new big contracts which should increase trips but who knows. There's also a rumor raising the per mile from $1.15 but wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Bottom line Veyo was a great gig for the first 3 or 4 months getting calls after calls but now you work longer, harder and longer distance for less money. And the vehicles and/or drivers Veyo are signing up pretty scary looking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Veyo sucks in east mesa. Every trip is to methadone clinics for $4.80. Once there you get a trip 4 miles away that brings you right back. No veyo trips east of ellsworth. Maps not built out yet. Take someone to queen creek or apache junction you have to dead head back. If you drop off at clinic and wait for a while the new veyo drivers who drop after you get the first trips out. It's not first in first out. It's the first the app notices so the moving or dropping cars seem to be up higher on the veyo radar. If I get jumped a couple of times I move down the road and either get a call or circle back.

Veyo drivers think they're making money but it'll take a few years for the maintenance issues to arise. Discount knows that your maintenance is roughly $20/day on top of the vehicle cost. So you better plan on $50-$60 per day as the cost to operate. Now I can usually book $150/day but only really net $100 after all expenses in 8-10 hours. Not very good when I'm only really making $10/hr. In a cab I can make over $15/hr after all expenses if I work over 12 hrs a day and stay busy. Same exact work but I'm making $1.50/mile, $1.80/mile, $2.00/mile and $2.25/mile depending on the account and whether it's cash or a voucher. Veyo's good for people only wanting to work 6-8 hrs a day but if you work 12 or more the cab is a better deal.
I dunno what you know about the "maps not being built out" but Wednesday I picked up out on Idaho and apache trail. Was a $60 ride across town. Have had several pickups in Aj.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Two oil changes a month and did the coolant two weeks ago along with the trans fluid.....this car still runs like it is brand new.....

Yeah I do pretty well with Veyo here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts