Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive Uber/Lyft in Florida.
I see MANY other drivers on the road.
I have been having a difficult time finding reasonably priced insurance.
Some refuse to insure rideshare drivers.
Who is everyone using?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Who is everyone using?
You might want to also pose your question in one of the Florida sub-forums.

They can be found in our Southeast section.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
9,232 Posts
FLKeys and Stevie The magic Unicorn might be of some help.

They're both out of Florida.
Not really much help, I'm paying an extra stupid amount of amount of money to cover me to the point I can drive customers without booking through the apps.

I sent OP a message about the insurance situation as I understand it.

I buy through State farm commercial and my policy is so expensive I would never do uberX with it.

Reactions: MHR

·
Super Moderator
2022 Koenigsegg Regera
7,721 Posts
Who is everyone using?
I'm using Progressive. That is who Uber uses in Florida. I pay about $120 every 6 months for the rideshare endorsement.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm using Progressive. That is who Uber uses in Florida. I pay about $120 every 6 months for the rideshare endorsement.
Progressive "was more than I could afford it was Approximately $5600 a year
I haven't been able to find anyone to "me less than 5000 something

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2022 Koenigsegg Regera
7,721 Posts
more than I could afford it was Approximately $5600 a year
Wow, I have full coverage on 2 vehicles and I am only paying $900 every 6 months or $1800 a year and that includes the rideshare endorsement on 1 vehicle.

Male, 53, no traffic tickets or at fault accidents in a long long time.

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
Progressive "was more than I could afford it was Approximately $5600 a year
Sorry to ask an obvious question but are you sure That's not for "Commercial" insurance? For Uber You should be looking for personal insurance with a rideshare coverage add on.

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
Yes. Commercial quote that I received from another company was thousands monthly
Well that explains it. Unless you want to give private rides you don't need a Commercial Policy just to Uber. You'll find a personal policy with a Rideshare add on one hell of a lot cheaper. You could just ask your current carrier if they have a R/S add on.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well that explains it. Unless you want to give private rides you don't need a Commercial Policy just to Uber. You'll find a personal policy with a Rideshare add on one hell of a lot cheaper. You could just ask your current carrier if they have a R/S add on.
I was saying yes I am sure it was not commercial. Because I only received one commercial quote
I never thought I needed commercial I never requested commercial quotes so I ended up with a company that only does commercial quotes during my search

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My current Carrier just raised my insurance $894, For a not at fault accident. Last year's premium was 3600 and something dollars this year's premium is just over $4500. That was why I was trying to shop around to find lower insurance.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My current Carrier just raised my insurance $894, For a not at fault accident. Last year's premium was 3600 and something dollars this year's premium is just over $4500. That was why I was trying to shop around to find lower insurance.
It was a minor not at fault accident that they did not have to pay anything out on

·
Banned
160 Posts
Progressive. I'm Gold member with them. Full coverage, Rideshare endorsement, Roadside Assistance and PIP.
And my limits are $100,000, $200,000, and $100,000. $157 per month, $500 deductible.
They gave me some discounts. Good driver, and degree in science

1 - 20 of 31 Posts