Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new to this fourm and I've noticed alot of people say their struggling with ratings to which got me worried if I was one of these dudes messing up the system for everyone. I have a 4.9 rating, have been driving for a year and 1/2 and right around 1100 total rides. I usually just do the day during weekends and week nights from 5 to maybe 8. I averageven about 30 to 50 rides a week. I don't do anything special water, mints or anything. I do pools because I've been on the hourly rates recently. Am I doing anything right or wrong?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right but if I'm an hourly rate driver I have to accept them to keep my acceptance rate up. Normally I don't

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, Well unfortunately while not indebted to ubers lease programing, I did get a new car last year and decided to uber to pay the tab for it. Have to make money one way or another on top of the day job and this is the only thing that works for me. And if I don't keep the acceptance rating up I dont get the hourly and then I'm below $10 an hour with everyone else saturating the market

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you/ is this one of those buck the systems sites? I mean I dont know really how to explain it anymore than I have I have to make the car payment and that's through uber. I need the car so there's not much other options for me. I don't like taking pools and I don't unless it's the hourly deal.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I see the hourly has gone away. In which case I won't be doing pools so I guess this argument is voided lol

·
Premium Member
25,592 Posts
Nothing wrong that I see.

Right:

*No mints/water/freebies
*Daytime & not doing drunk hours
*Not giving a shit about ratings

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes I see the hourly has gone away. In which case I won't be doing pools so I guess this argument is voided lol
Yesterday I declined a pool. Next trip was uberx which paid me $25. I got the normal nasty gram from uber. Lately if I decline 2 pools in a row then I turn the app off and move a few blocks. Turn the app back on and get an uberx.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Same dude pinged me 5 times on Stool this morning, had to sit in Virtual Corner twice for 2 minutes each. Got 1.4x surge on X to IAD instead. Good karma!

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Yesterday I declined a pool. Next trip was uberx which paid me $25. I got the normal nasty gram from uber. Lately if I decline 2 pools in a row then I turn the app off and move a few blocks. Turn the app back on and get an uberx.
I usually decline anywhere between 4-7 stools every day. Never got any nasty email from Uber. NOTE: Unsubscribed from uber texts.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts