Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Full time pro BLACK CAR drivers please respond.

Curb, formally Taxi Magic, operates in my city. They run taxis AND black sedans. I'd like to investigate further and learn more about how they operate. Does anyone out there use it?

I want to find a workable replacement for UBER BLACK to use for fill in assignments between appointments.

Hopefully I can learn the details about Curb and avoid the hassle of onboarding with them if they don't have what I'm looking for.

PS. Moderator. Please move this thread to Advice. I started here by accident.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
From a customers point of view, Curb works just like Uber, without surge rates. What do you want to know? We have ~350 cabs with Curb hardware installed (credit card reader).

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
From a customers point of view, Curb works just like Uber, without surge rates. What do you want to know? We have ~350 cabs with Curb hardware installed (credit card reader).
Well...I have numerous questions.

Can an independent, owner/driver, SUV operator join? My fleet is me. One vehicle. Fully permitted for limo (prearranged). Not taxi. Full commercial liability insurance.

If yes, then I have more questions

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would love to have ANYONE start a TRUE Black Car Service! The only reason I went X was the lack of Uber and Lyft Black Car Service. Anyone with 1/2 a brain could see the money making opportunity here. But BEFORE Uber and Lyft bring it to Vegas. Hey Stuber - what do you mean fully permitted for Limo? Are you in Vegas or anywhere in Nevada? Do you have any idea how much the commercial insurance costs?

Maybe all the Uber Black Car SELECT drivers interested should consider breaking away and starting a pure Black Car Sedan service with various types of cars no older than four years. What do you think? Maybe this is just pie in the sky but personally I would definitely buy a Black Car if the option existed. Anyone hazard a guess what Uber or Lyft would charge for Black? Is there a ride share company totally devoted to Black Car service? If so why aren't they here?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts