Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a crazy experience. Was in a midwestern town last weekend and needed a ride to the airport. OK, here's my chance to be a customer and see what it's like. Got a very nice guy in an older but clean car, been driving for a month and loves it (their rates were $1.20 a mile I think), seemed a little limited but he enjoyed getting out of the house and talking to people (and yes he could talk). Told him I was a driver and gave him a few tricks of the trade. All in all, an excellent ride, knew where he was going and for the price, really can't complain about the nonstop chat. 5 stars and a 5 tip on a $20 ride, another well meaning person doing their best to make it in the world.

Here's where it gets crazy. I get a receipt in my email for the trip. All is good, turn my phone off, get on plane ... 3 hours later I turn my phone on and see an email from Uber, apologizing to me for the bad experience I had and crediting me for the entire cost of the ride. WTF? I write back and say the ride was fine, I think you made a mistake, the driver was great and should be paid! They charge me again for the fare and thank me for my honesty.

Bottom line, I think a CSR screwed up and zeroed out the wrong call so apparently they will take money away from you without checking your side first AND they will do it for no reason at all! Watch your statements!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts