Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-start-using-Uber-non-emergency-patients.html

Even though it is DailyMail still valid news. Just waiting for Guardian or FT to confirm it

But what a slap in the face for the BC's from your beloved Government.

Companies Like HAT and Q-Dispatch who rely solely on NHS contracts are going to in trouble as well.

Government might as well - Close down all the Cab offices and just leave Uber as they're clearly giving them monopoly.

·
Banned
3,071 Posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-start-using-Uber-non-emergency-patients.html

Even though it is DailyMail still valid news. Just waiting for Guardian or FT to confirm it

Companies Like HAT and Q-Dispatch who rely solely on NHS contracts are going to in trouble as well.

Government might as well - Close down all the Cab offices and just leave Uber as they're clearly giving them monopoly.
A Government that helps everyone apart from it's own

·
Registered
2,004 Posts

What have medical contracts got to do with BC trade? That's always been PH work?!

Very odd you would say that this thread has anything to do with the cab trade.

What do you mean "your" beloved government? Are you saying cabbies are predominantly Tories?

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
What have medical contracts got to do with BC trade? That's always been PH work?!

Very odd you would say that this thread has anything to do with the cab trade.

What do you mean "your" beloved government? Are you saying cabbies are predominantly Tories?
as if you dont know for years london hospitals used to use comcab and PH , with the gov cuts and comcab mad prices they have no other choice so let them use uber few times and when they find their reality they will come back to us

Reactions: voodooman

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
as if you dont know for years london hospitals used to use comcab and PH , with the gov cuts and comcab mad prices they have no other choice so let them use uber few times and when they find their reality they will come back to us
The problem is uber undercut all decent Ph firms. Can you imagine doing a Manchester or Leeds on uber pay and paying 25% commission????

Still struggle to see what this has to do with the taxi trade??

If uber haven't fulfilled their promise and eradicated the black cab trade by now, you're mad if you think they ever will. What else can they do, give it away for free, pay their drivers so little they have to do 25 hours a day?

The bottom line is cabbies take their dough not necessarily because they have the KOL or right to ply for hire (all a matter of opinion) but because they have never allowed themselves to be stitched up and know their worth and what you need to be paid in London 2017.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
The problem is uber undercut all decent Ph firms. Can you imagine doing a Manchester or Leeds on uber pay and paying 25% commission????

Still struggle to see what this has to do with the taxi trade??
comcab jobs will be down by 50% if thats true

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
comcab jobs will be down by 50% if thats true
I only know one cabbie on comcab. Don't know if they do NHS work. All other cabbies I know do well out of Gett and Hailo, neither of which have hospital contracts that I'm aware of.

I can immediately think of 3 PH firms who do huge amounts of hospital work who would really struggle without it.

Also this relates to a trust covering 5 hospitals? I can think of a ph firm with more than that straight off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
5,273 Posts

The amusing comment at the end that says the government will need to make sure whoever wins the contract must be paid minimum wage.......

I don't do hospital jobs other than when someone sticks a hand in the air and asks. I give more free rides to hospitals than I actually earn from. This news won't change my day in the slightest.

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The amusing comment at the end that says the government will need to make sure whoever wins the contract must be paid minimum wage.......

I don't do hospital jobs other than when someone sticks a hand in the air and asks. I give more free rides to hospitals than I actually earn from. This news won't change my day in the slightest.

Thanks anyway.
Always see stories on social media about cab drivers refusing to charge fares to GOSH. Might only be a few quid but it's gestures like that that can mean a lot to a family struggling with the expense of having a sick child, taking time off work etc, I would imagine.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts

Got it wrong. BC'c never had anything to do with NHS patient transfer. Was always PH operators with NHS contracts.
Some invested heavily into Sprinter/VW buses to do the job.

First Uber screwd up BC's with council contracts as they had taxi cards jobs funded by local authorities.

Now NHS!

What's next?? Schools?!?!

God/Alah/Budha and any other up there, forbid.

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Always see stories on social media about cab drivers refusing to charge fares to GOSH. Might only be a few quid but it's gestures like that that can mean a lot to a family struggling with the expense of having a sick child, taking time off work etc, I would imagine.
Did one yesterday, Marble Arch to GOSH. Muslim lady with a child in a wheelchair, seemed quite surprised when I refused payment. Lots of cab drivers do it. Can't wait to see some of the routes posted when Uber get their grubby hands on this. Glad it's non-emergency. Be interesting to see how they cope with wheelchair patients.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts

Thanks anyway.
The Voluntary hospital drivers (on HMRC 45p a mile) who can use a £500 car and normal car insurance are probably better off than the Uber drivers after all their expenses;)

Joking aside these hospital trusts are making a mistake here.
It would be better if things stayed as they are with the elderly & needy passengers having their regular drivers from the Voluntary service and local minicab firms who are used to helping these folk

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got it wrong. BC'c never had anything to do with NHS patient transfer. Was always PH operators with NHS contracts.
Some invested heavily into Sprinter/VW buses to do the job.

First Uber screwd up BC's with council contracts as they had taxi cards jobs funded by local authorities.

Now NHS!

What's next?? Schools?!?!

God/Alah/Budha and any other up there, forbid.
They Did, Comcab, Radio Taxi both are major NHS contract holders.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts

Thanks anyway.
And another joke, Cera's co-founder and president Maruthappu added: "the older and disabled patients will have access to the highest quality drivers..."
Must be a true comedian or thinks that uber driver on the stairs proves perfect service for the elderly and disabled.

Obviously NHS will pay the same money to Cera, only mr Maruthappu's pocket will feel somehow heavier.

·
Banned
3,071 Posts
Did one yesterday, Marble Arch to GOSH. Muslim lady with a child in a wheelchair, seemed quite surprised when I refused payment. Lots of cab drivers do it. Can't wait to see some of the routes posted when Uber get their grubby hands on this. Glad it's non-emergency. Be interesting to see how they cope with wheelchair patients.
I can't wait for the stats on people having to go back to Hospital after these idiots drive them home from the hospital.

·
Registered
544 Posts
"
I can't wait for the stats on people having to go back to Hospital after these idiots drive them home from the hospital.
Idiots? Why do you make this sweeping generalisations? Do all BC drivers read the sun , hate Muslims and have a shaven head? Your comments are getting lazier and lazier zzzzzz

1 - 20 of 54 Posts