Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a passenger:

I am officially never getting Uber again! I had to get out on the grassy verge on the approach to the Harbour Bridge. Massive tech fail for navigating from Pyrmont to the Opera House via North Sydney in peak hour. And also to the driver who clearly didn't know my final destination!

Two more points. When I told him we were going the wrong way, he claimed that I must have just "Sydney" as the destination. He was quite insistent until I looked at my app and saw that the route did indeed finish at the Opera House.

And secondly the 7.15pm arrival time is wildly optimistic considering it was 7.10pm and we had to cross the bridge in peak hour, turn around and come back again and then make our way through all the disruption on George St. Not gonna happen!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I have had this problem before! It is a glitch with Google Maps and the Uber navigation. Anywhere from Balmain area through to Pyrmont this glitch can occur with the destination Opera House or some other destinations in the CBD, I have seen it many times and complained about it! Waze Navigation is the way to go. If you don't get an Uber in the future it will be your loss as you will have to catch a crappy overcharged Taxi which will cost you far more money than you will outlay on Uber. Blame the Navigation App, I am sure your Uber driver will never fall for that misleading mistake again!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
well there is always a search for a better way! I saw this in my first week driving for Uber a year ago thinking that google maps was the b all and end all
didn't realise there was a massive glitch in its directions. It made me second guess the last turn in Clarence street thinking does it know a better way? It has never happened again and I don't use google maps. the navigation is linked to the Uber App nothing2chere so you saying you don't use it? I am always looking for better ways around the city! I pity the poor people that don't know Sydney at all and rely on navigation to get them around!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
If a driver doesn't know where the Opera House is, then really they should not be driving.
But in defence of the driver with poor knowledge, the Nav system certainly can take you on some crazy routes, but this Opera House via the bridge is certainly a well know uber glitch.
To the op, contact uber via your app as you really should be compensated by uber for what happened to you.
And please try not to generalise re poor uber drivers when there's another 3,000-4,000 uber drivers on the road at any one time, and the vast majority of us, are in the words of one of my pax, either reasonable or in most cases, excellent.
Hope you didn't miss your show.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Whats with these stubborn drivers insisting on taking the way uber tells them to go? Strictly no common sense. This has happened heaps of times yet when it comes to waze, it never gets it wrong besides taking you behind your destination sometimes lol

·
Premium Member
11,054 Posts
Cant get to opera house without gps from surrounding suburbs..

Time to get off the road

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Any chance of a link at all. Would be good to get the other side of the story.
There are plenty of shifty Uber drivers out there...... that's for sure.....Even on this forum, there are a few who have boasted their indiscretions to customers.

If a cabbie took you over the bridge and back to get to the Opera House (highly unlikely) you pay him zero for his major error...problem solved instanly.

Skyring.....Has Uber fixed up your problem?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are plenty of shifty Uber drivers out there...... that's for sure.....Even on this forum, there are a few who have boasted their indiscretions to customers.

If a cabbie took you over the bridge and back to get to the Opera House (highly unlikely) you pay him zero for his major error...problem solved instanly.

Skyring.....Has Uber fixed up your problem?
Not my problem. I recommended my friend apply for a refund, and it was actioned. No surprise there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts