1,991 Posts
A day in the life of an Uber driver:

Packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes

Contestants in a suicidal race

Reactions: UberComic

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Unfortunately taxi go by the same thing. In fact on the LADOT website they do not even say you will
be denied if you are a convicted felon. I believe most employers the check is 7 years to. I believe everyone makes
mistakes in your life and its a matter if you been caught or not. Look at all the politicians that have not yet and the ones
that have. There is nothing that makes a taxi service stand out except the fingerprinting which everything should need to do.
TCP I believe does it so all the black-lux have already done it. Also they are bring up there records from 10-20 years back..
Anyone who is convicted or a violent crime is another issue. Just my opinion..

Oh and by the way what amazes me is that one of the people is a producer for the
television station. I guess they forgave him. You see you can stretch this issue out as far
as you want to go. I guarantee you if you were to dig up the taxi drivers past you would find
some HIDDEN gems...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
What drama... This is actually laughable. I expected Geraldo Rivera to jump out. Nothing new. Uber has always said that they don't go back more than 7 years so it isn't unexpected that people who have older convictions would be approved.

Not that I'm defending Uber but there are so many other things journalists should be investigating. For instance, why isn't anyone investigating how Uber is doing background checks on recent immigrants who are driving for Uber. It's more difficult to get criminal records in other countries.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Look this is OPtimus thread and I respect that and he is just posting what he finds and he gives
all of us such valuable information however this whole taxi war with how uBer drivers how all these
criminal records and are hired and there is no screening. Shit do an investigation into the taxi drivers
and let's see what is uncovered. They make it seem like all there drivers have such clean records
they can join the FBI.. LADOT clearly stated if you lie on your application we will deny you however it does
not say if you are a convicted felon we will automatically deny you. Also what about all the uBer drivers that
got arrested in that DTLA illegal sting operation. Now they are convicts some of them because they were to afraid
to stick up for themselves they should not be able to drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts