Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,789 Posts
Outlander 45 MPG city
Prius 65MPG city
So unless my maths are totally screwed buying an Outlander means for an average 12 hr shift you would be spending MORE on fuel than the CC you are trying to avoid.
So how many miles have you done in your Outlander?

cant agree more

@UberLuxbod :wink:
Well anybody that has worked in PH has a more valid opinion than you.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
So how many miles have you done in your Outlander?

Well anybody that has worked in PH has a more valid opinion than you.
youre right specially those kids with block/delete options on their hands

·
Premium Member
8,789 Posts
What other drivers who do have them are saying.
Faur enough.

I wonder how many are just driving the car and only charging once a day at home rather than charging again when working? Or using it like a normal Prius and never charging it?

Personally I would charge as often as possibly when working, I think the Outlander can fast charge using CHAdeMO to 80% in under 30mins.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Faur enough.

I wonder how many are just driving the car and only charging once a day at home rather than charging again when working? Or using it like a normal Prius and never charging it?

Personally I would charge as often as possibly when working, I think the Outlander can fast charge using CHAdeMO to 80% in under 30mins.
I can't help it if as usual some minicab drivers open their mouths and spout the first thing that comes into their heads without thinking what they are saying.

Proudly boasting they are getting 40MPG without even considering that it's costing them more in fuel than the CC they are trying to avoid.

The 2 that I spoke to don't have drives and both their Outlanders are CAT S.

One even crowing on about what a bargain he got for a 6 month old one with less than 5k on the clock. he didn't even register when I asked him "Just how much damage do you think was done to a brand new £40k car for the insurance to write it off?"

I'm not on a downer about Outlanders, whilst I wouldn't buy one myself I am just amazed at the Sheeple that listen to what their mates tell them, run out and spend £20k without even thinking about what it is they are actually getting and how to use it, why would you buy one if you lived in a flat without a drive??

·
Premium Member
8,789 Posts
I can't help it if as usual some minicab drivers open their mouths and spout the first thing that comes into their heads without thinking what they are saying.

Proudly boasting they are getting 40MPG without even considering that it's costing them more in fuel than the CC they are trying to avoid.

The 2 that I spoke to don't have drives and both their Outlanders are CAT S.

One even crowing on about what a bargain he got for a 6 month old one with less than 5k on the clock. he didn't even register when I asked him "Just how much damage do you think was done to a brand new £40k car for the insurance to write it off?"

I'm not on a downer about Outlanders, whilst I wouldn't buy one myself I am just amazed at the Sheeple that listen to what their mates tell them, run out and spend £20k without even thinking about what it is they are actually getting and how to use it, why would you buy one if you lived in a flat without a drive??
The Outlander made sense used till they got £2k more expensive overnight at CG.

Can you still have a write off as a PHV? That should have been stopped years ago.

I thought they were a great idea at £14/15 for a facelift 65plate with average miles.

But a new one? Or one that's £17k or £20k? As you suggest it makes less sense.

As I said already I would charge it up as many times a day as practical and try to use free chargers when possible.

The savings certainly don't add up if you don't charge it.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can you still have a write off as a PHV? That should have been stopped years ago.
Again, I can only go on what they are telling me.

My thought process however is different, it goes like this "Are you trying to kid me it's a CAT S because you really don't want the world to know how much you actually paid for it? cos I am pretty sure it's almost impossible for find an insurer that will insure a CAT S for H&R"

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
As I have said before and will say it again, Outlander PHEV is NOT for Uber X and here is a bit of maths:

If you drive 100 miles on a single charge;
30 miles on Electric = £1.50
70 miles at 40mpg = £10 (£1.25 per litre)
Total = £11.50
If it was petrol only = £15.00 so you saved just £2.00

If you charge it twice then:
60 miles electric = £3.00
40 miles petrol = £5.60
Total = £8.60
Saving: £6.40

It's only viable if you can charge as often as possible.

*Assumptions:
All figures are approximate
Electric cost £0.17 kWh
Petrol cost: 1.25 per litre

·
Premium Member
8,789 Posts
Again, I can only go on what they are telling me.

My thought process however is different, it goes like this "Are you trying to kid me it's a CAT S because you really don't want the world to know how much you actually paid for it? cos I am pretty sure it's almost impossible for find an insurer that will insure a CAT S for H&R"
Ah, the old "I got a better deal than you".

I used to see people like that years ago, regardless of what you did they always got it for half price.

As I have said before and will say it again, Outlander PHEV is NOT for Uber X and here is a bit of maths:

If you drive 100 miles on a single charge;
30 miles on Electric = £1.50
70 miles at 40mpg = £10 (£1.25 per litre)
Total = £11.50
If it was petrol only = £15.00 so you saved just £2.00

If you charge it twice then:
60 miles electric = £3.00
40 miles petrol = £5.60
Total = £8.60
Saving: £6.40

It's only viable if you can charge as often as possible.

*Assumptions:
All figures are approximate
Electric cost £0.17 kWh
Petrol cost: 1.25 per litre
If you check the electric vehicle Apps there are an awful lot of free to charge points in London.

They tend to be the slower ones but nothing cheaper than free.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Ah, the old "I got a better deal than you".

I used to see people like that years ago, regardless of what you did they always got it for half price.

If you check the electric vehicle Apps there are an awful lot of free to charge points in London.

They tend to be the slower ones but nothing cheaper than free.
Problem with free chargers is that it would take 3.5 hours to charge, so unless it's outside of your home/office then it's a pain to wait.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.