Uber Drivers Forum banner

Crazy night in Lakewood

653 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Lightning1181 
#1 ·
Ok so last night im in Howell dropping a pax off and all of a sudden I see a $7-$9 surge in Lakewood. Im like well that's odd. I head over towards it catch a 1 pax with it. Make about $13 , ride wasn't far. Then next 2 hours were insane. It was one Jewish holiday where it was just crazy. I thought I was in the surge but it must of disappeared while I had people in the car. It was one after another. Getting pinged before I dropped off. Did like 7 rides in like under 2 hrs. Had one guy in the car and he was like if you stay in the area , you can make some money. Everyone I was picking up was hammered Finally I check the log, and a whopping 45 dollars. And only 2 tipped. 7 rides normally gets me over$75-100. Moral of story stay out of Lakewood. But it sure liked like a hell of a party

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I learned that lesson a few years ago - in my first month. Have never been back.
I live in freehold, but I work my m-f job in Middletown. I try not to drive around freehold because of the pay scale difference. Yes it's busy but I feel you have to do volume to make the same money as the shore. lesson learned lol

Did you get a cleaning fee to get the smell out.
It wasn't bad, but everyone I picked up was hammered

Discussion starter · #11 ·
And what was funny, I remember reading that post. Got tempted by the surge lol. I very rarely see a surge in Lakewood especially in that 7-9 dollar range and I was in the next town over. Usually I always see the surge, over by Newark,Bayonne, Jersey city, Hoboken. To far too drive to unless a pax puts me in that area

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.