Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so last night im in Howell dropping a pax off and all of a sudden I see a $7-$9 surge in Lakewood. Im like well that's odd. I head over towards it catch a 1 pax with it. Make about $13 , ride wasn't far. Then next 2 hours were insane. It was one Jewish holiday where it was just crazy. I thought I was in the surge but it must of disappeared while I had people in the car. It was one after another. Getting pinged before I dropped off. Did like 7 rides in like under 2 hrs. Had one guy in the car and he was like if you stay in the area , you can make some money. Everyone I was picking up was hammered Finally I check the log, and a whopping 45 dollars. And only 2 tipped. 7 rides normally gets me over$75-100. Moral of story stay out of Lakewood. But it sure liked like a hell of a party

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Ok so last night im in Howell dropping a pax off and all of a sudden I see a $7-$9 surge in Lakewood. Im like well that's odd. I head over towards it catch a 1 pax with it. Make about $13 , ride wasn't far. Then next 2 hours were insane. It was one Jewish holiday where it was just crazy. I thought I was in the surge but it must of disappeared while I had people in the car. It was one after another. Getting pinged before I dropped off. Did like 7 rides in like under 2 hrs. Had one guy in the car and he was like if you stay in the area , you can make some money. Everyone I was picking up was hammered Finally I check the log, and a whopping 45 dollars. And only 2 tipped. 7 rides normally gets me over$75-100. Moral of story stay out of Lakewood. But it sure liked like a hell of a party
I learned that lesson a few years ago - in my first month. Have never been back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I learned that lesson a few years ago - in my first month. Have never been back.
I live in freehold, but I work my m-f job in Middletown. I try not to drive around freehold because of the pay scale difference. Yes it's busy but I feel you have to do volume to make the same money as the shore. lesson learned lol

Did you get a cleaning fee to get the smell out.
It wasn't bad, but everyone I picked up was hammered

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
At least in Deal you get the shore rate...and you can ZOOM around the empty streets @ 25-30mph.
Deal to Lakewood YES
Lakewood in general... a resounding NO!
Howell & Freehold?... destination AP (XL only).

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The Land of The Never Ending Pool Ride...
Oh, yeah! Lakewood is where all the beaten-up Dodge & Plymouth vans go when they die. But for some reason, they are zombie corpses of their former selves and keep on driving there. No doors, no problem! No bumpers, again, no problem. Just keep in truckin'

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Oh, yeah! Lakewood is where all the beaten-up Dodge & Plymouth vans go when they die. But for some reason, they are zombie corpses of their former selves and keep on driving there. No doors, no problem! No bumpers, again, no problem. Just keep in truckin'
I sell 2005 - 2007 Caravans to Lakewood's Finest Citizens when the miles reach 350K, I think they get another 350K out of each.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
QUOTE="TGK, post: 5739276, member: 150977"]
I was Stuck in Lakewood, NJ on a Saturday evening doing Pool Rides for Lyft - after 6 hours, 28 pickup locations, 18 drop off locations...I had only 8 rides and earned $88.46. I criss-crossed the entire town for pick-ups, but short drop-offs. There was not one break between rides to see my earnings and go offline to get hell out of there.
Oh yeah, NO TIPS...:cryin:
[/QUOTE]
Remember This. People do not Learn from Past Posts...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And what was funny, I remember reading that post. Got tempted by the surge lol. I very rarely see a surge in Lakewood especially in that 7-9 dollar range and I was in the next town over. Usually I always see the surge, over by Newark,Bayonne, Jersey city, Hoboken. To far too drive to unless a pax puts me in that area

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
And what was funny, I remember reading that post. Got tempted by the surge lol. I very rarely see a surge in Lakewood especially in that 7-9 dollar range and I was in the next town over. Usually I always see the surge, over by Newark,Bayonne, Jersey city, Hoboken. To far too drive to unless a pax puts me in that area
Always travel in the opposite direction of Lakewood. If your North of Lakewood - travel North, that way if you get a ping South of your position, decline it, and so on, do not get sucked in by surge!

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
A surge in Lakewood is 100% normal nub. The reason for that is NO self respecting driver drives there. If you want to see the worst of the worst Uber drivers AND paxholes ....head to Lakewood.

Reactions: Lightning1181

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
A surge in Lakewood is 100% normal nub. The reason for that is NO self respecting driver drives there. If you want to see the worst of the worst Uber drivers AND paxholes ....head to Lakewood.
But watch out for the L'Chayim Limo Company and their drivers, they will broadside you with no remorse. Their company motto is "we have the best 3 door Chrysler vans on the shore." Three doors on account of the missing door(s), but they are cheap rides!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.