Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard this saying when I first started driving Taxi here in Vegas years ago. Now that I have driven limos, taxi and Uber I realize how true that saying is here in Vegas. Just got off the phone with one of my Taxi driver buddies I drove with for years. Got fired because he forgot he was driving a cab while he was gambling and was hours late at the end of his shift. Nearly every taxi driver still driving taxicabs has some sort of mental disability or addiction. There are limo companies out there that only hire convicted felons preferably with a drug dealing conviction.
I love Uber!!! (today at least).

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
I heard this saying when I first started driving Taxi here in Vegas years ago. Now that I have driven limos, taxi and Uber I realize how true that saying is here in Vegas. Just got off the phone with one of my Taxi driver buddies I drove with for years. Got fired because he forgot he was driving a cab while he was gambling and was hours late at the end of his shift. Nearly every taxi driver still driving taxicabs has some sort of mental disability or addiction. There are limo companies out there that only hire convicted felons preferably with a drug dealing conviction.
I little anecdotal....got some sort of scientific statistics to back that up? And you are just so sane and perfectIn every way. What a crock of shit. Where do you get the shit from? By all means we need Uber to save the day out here in Vegas. You're so full of yourself it's sickening.

So you are still trying to make this some stupid war between Uber and cabs. Travis has you trained like a dog on a leash. This is really childish and dumb. I guess some people only get their rocks off pushing somebody else's head underwater.

I'll bet you anything many Uber drivers are also cabdrivers, and that many people drive for both. What does that do for your dumb theory?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hey buddy. You know that catering truck on the corner of sahara and Las Vegas Blvd. That's what you look to me when your driving your car in this heat. The majority of your rides are cheap people and you are a cheap service no more no less. You're like a hooker from Boulder hwy. We are hookers from the strip.( a little better.);) anyway good luck. I still have 4 hrs left in my 12 hr shift. 260.77 so far on the meter. 71 in tips. :)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Obviously touched a nerve, my apologies if this was a little too close to home for some of you. I did mention that I was both a taxi driver and a limo driver meaning I am an insane criminal??? I guess we would have to be to drive 12 hours in 115+ degrees dealing with penniless drunk people, armed drug addicts, hooker, pimps, homeless people and just the general riff raff that make up the majority of YOUR customers...

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love Uber!!! (today at least).[/Q

Hi i am uber driver in Chicago - drove cab before - i am thinking of moving to las vegas what is your advice?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Hey buddy. You know that catering truck on the corner of sahara and Las Vegas Blvd. That's what you look to me when your driving your car in this heat. The majority of your rides are cheap people and you are a cheap service no more no less. You're like a hooker from Boulder hwy. We are hookers from the strip.( a little better.);) anyway good luck. I still have 4 hrs left in my 12 hr shift. 260.77 so far on the meter. 71 in tips. :)
Out of that 260, how much do you get?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well, done for the day. Hey Steve I made the company 374.67 for the whole 12 hrs. My net book was 339 and I get 40% . that is 135.60 plus 93 in tips. Got lucky on the tips cause is not always the same. Total 228.60. Or 19.05 an hour. Plus I don't care about the taxi. I keep it clean but a/c running all day and if it breaks down time for them to give me another one.

·
Registered
176 Posts
These Taxi fools make me laughs ,THEY ARE DINASOURS ! Wherever Uber goes slowly but surly they die ! What do you want written on your Taxi tombstone ? Uber resseruct me lol

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, done for the day. Hey Steve I made the company 374.67 for the whole 12 hrs. My net book was 339 and I get 40% . that is 135.60 plus 93 in tips. Got lucky on the tips cause is not always the same. Total 228.60. Or 19.05 an hour. Plus I don't care about the taxi. I keep it clean but a/c running all day and if it breaks down time for them to give me another one.
You got very lucky with tips. People attending conventions don't tip, so your ac must have been working. Free gas is a great perk you are lucky.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hey Vegas 18. Not sure why you hate taxis so much. But Vegas is different than other cities and when that happens, time to join uber or move on. I don't know how many of you guys are going to make it through the heat driving around but good luck. Few days ago I took a lady from Kmart on sahara by the DMV to Cheyenne and Pecos. She said she was new here in Vegas and was going to be using taxis a few times a week. U could tell she wasn't rich or anything like that, you know what I told her? Use uber and you will save some money. She didn't know about uber. But that's how I am. But on the strip people come to spend money and you guys are not getting your share.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Not bad, sounds like a good day. I'm just curious, not starting a who's better than who, but is that before taxes and ssi?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well it works like this. At the end of the week the add all my net book and I get 40%,than they take taxes. And they put certain percentage as tips. But the 93 is all to myself. So this week I'm working 6 days and average 65 to 80 in tips. Plus let's say 275 net book (one day more one day less) is around 660 a week that I get before taxes. But that is because it's a busy week. Other weeks not so good.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I little anecdotal....got some sort of scientific statistics to back that up? And you are just so sane and perfectIn every way. What a crock of shit. Where do you get the shit from? By all means we need Uber to save the day out here in Vegas. You're so full of yourself it's sickening.

So you are still trying to make this some stupid war between Uber and cabs. Travis has you trained like a dog on a leash. This is really childish and dumb. I guess some people only get their rocks off pushing somebody else's head underwater.

I'll bet you anything many Uber drivers are also cabdrivers, and that many people drive for both. What does that do for your dumb theory?
Be careful if you do drive cab and drive Uber. I have heard stories of cab companies hiring PI's to find out who drives Uber on the side and fired the driver.

·
Registered
484 Posts
These Taxi fools make me laughs ,THEY ARE DINASOURS ! Wherever Uber goes slowly but surly they die ! What do you want written on your Taxi tombstone ? Uber resseruct me lol
LOL.....Dude, trust me your RS app is as dumb as a rock. FYI, most LV cab companies have human spotters constantly driving and informing drivers where to stage and where not to stage. Most cab companies designate a radio channel for drivers to inform other drivers which hotels/terminals/malls are in need of a cabs. All cab companies employ radio dispatchers to inform their drivers about traffic, accidents and available open calls. Can you call U/L for traffic or accident update on I-15 tomorrow. Again, most cab companies install vectors(gps base computer) in their cabs to triangulate the nearest cab driver to a customer in need of a taxi using an app called curb or way2ride. We can also accept a good vector ride then load at the same time, aka "stacking rides". Try "stacking rides" with your app. We can also load 5 pax with different destinations, good luck with that on your app. A taxi meter can be paused or restarted, try that with your app. We can legally pick up flags without an app. Most hotels have blue light special, which is extremely helpful, when you're driving around looking for rides, btw, why don't you try pulling into the doorman during a blue light special with your app and see what happens. Just because the app is installed in a smart phone does not mean the app is smart, it is not......

.......Believe me, you are driving around Vegas like a chicken without its head.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ram Limited.
25,067 Posts
LOL!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Be careful if you do drive cab and drive Uber. I have heard stories of cab companies hiring PI's to find out who drives Uber on the side and fired the driver.
One would hope that the taxi Union would step in. They can't fire you for what you do on your personal time. As long as you don't violate the driving rule of 16 hours/day, not 100% sure of the time restriction. Seems like the cab companies could find something more useful with their money rather than hiring PI's to catch cabbies and ride share drivers, it's like a child pouting about not being played with.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Obviously touched a nerve, my apologies if this was a little too close to home for some of you. I did mention that I was both a taxi driver and a limo driver meaning I am an insane criminal??? I guess we would have to be to drive 12 hours in 115+ degrees dealing with penniless drunk people, armed drug addicts, hooker, pimps, homeless people and just the general riff raff that make up the majority of YOUR customers...
Yeah might have touched a nerve of truth (of course we are all crazy out here). With the heat coming who knows, should be loads of fun.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
The Uber app is good at dispatching a cab where there is not already one waiting, thriving in other cities. Where Uber has gone and where "surely they die" has occured where cabs are not available. There are roughly 3000 cabs in a six mile stretch of the strip and the airport in Vegas, roughly 400-500 cabs per mile. Uber is just an inconvenient option on the strip, an improved version of a dispatched cab/car (dispatched cabs like uber in Vegas have been utilized in for years, and are the actual "DINASOURS" in Vegas). I guess the tombstone can be used to bury the dumb idea that uber always wins. Sure looks like a stalemate in Vegas. Uber is just a more efficient way to dispatch a car, which works well where there are not enough cabs available.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
One would hope that the taxi Union would step in. They can't fire you for what you do on your personal time. As long as you don't violate the driving rule of 16 hours/day, not 100% sure of the time restriction. Seems like the cab companies could find something more useful with their money rather than hiring PI's to catch cabbies and ride share drivers, it's like a child pouting about not being played with.
These cab companies kind of own the unions. the smaller non-union shops (desert, Nellis, lucky and western) could fire drivers easily, since this is an at will employment state and they have no contract(at will;they can hire and fire at will). I would imagine as they find enough drivers all the companies will start trying to make examples out of some that double dip.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Why are taxi companies so scared of ride share? To fire a driver coz he chooses to make some extra cash is crazy. They do realize that over 40 million visit this town and not one transport option can handle it. I guess when you become so lax in your operation and the city basically gave you a license to print money for so many years, the thought of competition is scary. I never have any ill will towards cabbies on the street unless they really need attention. But with the anti-uber stickers on cabs, the owners are really showing that they are afraid of ride share, but yet, have never stepped up their game.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts