Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I wrote about a coworker that signed up about 2 months ago. In the first month he was crazy busy, even when the rest of us were slow. I talked about how i thought Uber would take care of the newbies to sink the hook and also get the money back that they invested in recruiting them. Now my coworker is singing the same tune as everyone else. He talks about how busy he was at the beginning and now he can't catch a ping.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand the high driver turn out, but they should at least space out the on boarding. I have never had so many rides cancel by pax in a row as today.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I wrote about a coworker that signed up about 2 months ago. In the first month he was crazy busy, even when the rest of us were slow. I talked about how i thought Uber would take care of the newbies to sink the hook and also get the money back that they invested in recruiting them. Now my coworker is singing the same tune as everyone else. He talks about how busy he was at the beginning and now he can't catch a ping.
Makes scense. But how can he not complain if no surge or if surge is averaging 1.5x surge is same for all of us. No more x3 in the mornings etc...
This is same for all uber drivers.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
I've had a good couple of weeks, but that's cause of 4 long trips. But it looks like, in these parts, its cause the newbies have quit or on vacation. Also had 4 out of 7 new riders yesterday that I gave an education to, to make it better for the drivers in the future. And the new users tip better and my focus was not on tipping.

Reactions: powmoe and uberski

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My wife drives X says it's been dead slow for her. She has been a driver a little over a month now.
True today was just as bad as yesterday. Too many newbs driving for flates and driver app just adding to my headache lol. I'm going to start earlier before new drivers dare get up on sat & sun.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
True today was just as bad as yesterday. Too many newbs driving for flates and driver app just adding to my headache lol. I'm going to start earlier before new drivers dare get up on sat & sun.
depends, i usually take the day / weekend off if i think it's too slow. Trick is not to burn yourself out, or else regular fares will start looking like food.

I got a couple high surges this morning but they didn't really go anywhere <3miles.

But if the morning is slow, the rest of the day usually follows...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts