The average rating for ALL drivers in the GTA...not just the top 20% Uber compares you to, is 4.65. Don't sweat it, you're actually doing OK. My rating has hovered around 4.63 for the year and a half I've been driving and I'm still on the road. (though I've recently suspended my driving over a large fare Uber hasn't credited to my account. )über
I'm not Caucasian but my rating is pretty decent.It's uber stats; uber alwayd argues that not starting tips is because black and brown drivers will get less tips than white drivers
All your tips are awesome and do work.. Everyone should follow these.I'm not Caucasian but my rating is pretty decent.
I think bad ratings have more to do with a drivers command of the english language and demeanor. Based on some of the comments I've read here it's almost like some drivers treat pax as the enemy
Here are my tips to a good rating.
As stupid as it is, people are not just paying for the ride..they are paying for the "Uber" experience. I'm no expert but I can say that this stuff works for me.
- Smile and greet the pax by name.
- Read the news so you can carry a conversation (avoid politics and religion as topics)
- Make up a good story as to why you drive uber.
- Shower daily and don't look sloppy
- Keep your car decent and smelling good (fabreeze car air freshener gets me lots of compliments)
- Know when to talk and when to stfu.
- Don't diss uber to pax. We all know how shitty it is.
- Don't drive angry - take a break if your wife/kids/friends etc have pissed you off.
- Try hard not to fart in your car
- Be a nice person.
- Kick out rude, demeaning or rasist pax immediately. (You're self esteem is worth more that the couple of bucks you'll make)
Now my tips are only for those who care about ratings. If you don't care about them, power to you and Uber on.