Uber Drivers Forum banner
3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  UberAnt39 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a good place to get the screen replaced on my IPhone 6s? When I say good, I mean cheap.. (Cheaper than the standard $140 I've seen and not compromising quality parts/labor).

I just repaired the screen on my old 5s at Stonestown booth and they did a great job, but the newer IPhone screens are a lot more expensive. Hoping to find someone within SF or close by.

While I'm at it, can anyone recommend a solid screen protector for a clutz like me? Supposedly the one I had was hammer proof, (especially considering I had a full case with rubber bumper on it too) but while the screen protector remained in tact, the face of my phone shattered upon dropping it on flat concrete.

#2 ·
Does anyone know of a good place to get the screen replaced on my IPhone 6s? When I say good, I mean cheap.. (Cheaper than the standard $140 I've seen and not compromising quality parts/labor).

I just repaired the screen on my old 5s at Stonestown booth and they did a great job, but the newer IPhone screens are a lot more expensive. Hoping to find someone within SF or close by.

While I'm at it, can anyone recommend a solid screen protector for a clutz like me? Supposedly the one I had was hammer proof, (especially considering I had a full case with rubber bumper on it too) but while the screen protector remained in tact, the face of my phone shattered upon dropping it on flat concrete.
Typical Uber pax trying to get the service as cheap as possible.

Only you....could break the screen and not the protector. You, ma'am, are impressive.

(Hehehehehe)

#4 ·
It's 99$ For a replacement with Apple care, without it ,could be 180$ if the phone isn't bent at all if it's bent you will have to pay for a replacement phone.

I wouldn't recommend having a random person open your iPhone 6s , they replace just a screen and the home button stops works a few weeks after or something else at that point the Apple Store won't touch it.

#9 ·

RedoBeach-

Sorry to hear about your phone. It of course happens to everyone! - - The guy you want to go to is Shakeel in South San Francisco on Spruce. He's very good... I've been to him numerous times with various phones. - - He only installs the authentic "Apple 6S Screen"... most repair places use an Apple 6 screen and change the plugs or use some other knock-off screen. Using the wrong screen can result in problems with viewing with polarized sunglasses. His price "installed" is $140. It takes him 5 minutes to fix and he fixes it right in front of you. - - If you google him or Yelp him, you'll find out he's one of the best guys out there. Good luck! - - Btw, be sure to write-off the expense on your taxes.

#20 ·
Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Screenshot
It's 99$ For a replacement with Apple care, without it ,could be 180$ if the phone isn't bent at all if it's bent you will have to pay for a replacement phone.

I wouldn't recommend having a random person open your iPhone 6s , they replace just a screen and the home button stops works a few weeks after or something else at that point the Apple Store won't touch it.

#25 ·
Try Compupod on Mission, nr 17th I think. I used to use various odd guys off Yelp but found CP to be cheaper and it's a regular store you can walk into not have to make appointments, put up with attitude blah blah. They're setup like a proper repair shop and their glass screen protectors are $10-$15 installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.