Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ubies,
(Inland Empire)
Just read CPUC's new reg's regarding Trade Dress Front AND BACK (applies to all UBER in California)
I have my rear windows heavily tinted, and the Trade Dress is NOT visible from the outside if I place the placard on the inside. Placing it on the OUTSIDE is unacceptable to me due to weather/car washing. Also it would be very susceptible to vandalism and/or theft.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? And if so ... what did you do about it?

·
Registered
703 Posts
The new sticker is white with the bunghole logo . The darker rear view still makes you in compliance as long as the sticker is there. If you're very concerned in its visibility then get a square of your film cut off in the back. It's easy and would make the sticker seen clearly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just put it in the window like they said...let the rest figure it out...those rear tinted windows are legal...it's their problem....your in compliance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Ubies,
(Inland Empire)
Just read CPUC's new reg's regarding Trade Dress Front AND BACK (applies to all UBER in California)
I have my rear windows heavily tinted, and the Trade Dress is NOT visible from the outside if I place the placard on the inside. Placing it on the OUTSIDE is unacceptable to me due to weather/car washing. Also it would be very susceptible to vandalism and/or theft.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? And if so ... what did you do about it?
I just asked today with both platforms, lyft said just put it up and doesn't matter if it is visible, while uber said it had to visible. On one hand, if lyft is wrong, I get a nice fine, but trying to figure out how to put it on the outside is crazy cause it can also be blown away. I saw these things on amazon that light up with logos, and it seems that you can see it through the tint

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Ubies,
(Inland Empire)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Print out lots of Uber logo in black & white, then tape it outside your back windshield. Replace it when it gets stolen or destroyed.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It's not our problem if they can't see. And btw who do we want to show it to? The ones concerned and matter know better. How about getting it painted on the rear glass which will stand all weather and be permanently stuck there. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
My question: Will the trade dress cause damage to my rear window tint? I had it installed professionally three years ago, and it still looks good as new. I'm concerned that when/if the time comes to take it down (think long-term here), it could take some of that tinging with it...

·
Registered
703 Posts
My question: Will the trade dress cause damage to my rear window tint? I had it installed professionally three years ago, and it still looks good as new. I'm concerned that when/if the time comes to take it down (think long-term here), it could take some of that tinging with it...
I can promise you when/if that time comes your tint will be the least of your concern on your uber car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts