Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads-up ppl. CPD is getting overly aggressive with rideshare drivers. Picked up a pax @ Division & State last night and when rolling away, Johnnie Law walked up to my front passenger window & said,"Keep rolling, your ticket will be coming in the mail". I'll deal with it if/when it arrives. This armed meter-maid was walking the street radioing in everyone's plate number. Wrong place; wrong time. Similar 'evaded' experience @ North & Milwaukee. It's the end of Q1 and looks like Chiraq is farming for revenue.

·
Registered
283 Posts
A loT of CPD will be fired in the next few months, preying on ants making minimum wage to pee in bottles is their only hope to save their job.

This is not a theory im spewing, they are literally trying to REPlace older cops who were trained differently aka got no training except to sit at a computer for and hour and answer some questions.

I get it, traffic gets backed up, but what is crazy is how much the taxis block the street staging esp on wacker and really jack up traffic. I also live it when its 111 or 12 at night on mag mile and a cabbie just slams on the their breaks in the middle lane and stopp. I nearly rear ended one last night. I reported him to 311 as well.

·
Registered
533 Posts
This was on the Sun-Times this week. It's the businesses that complained about traffic on river north area, especially hubbard, kinzie, state, Dearborn and clark area. Everyone will get a ticket including valets that block the street, per the mayor.

A loT of CPD will be fired in the next few months, preying on ants making minimum wage to pee in bottles is their only hope to save their job.

This is not a theory im spewing, they are literally trying to REPlace older cops who were trained differently aka got no training except to sit at a computer for and hour and answer some questions.

I get it, traffic gets backed up, but what is crazy is how much the taxis block the street staging esp on wacker and really jack up traffic. I also live it when its 111 or 12 at night on mag mile and a cabbie just slams on the their breaks in the middle lane and stopp. I nearly rear ended one last night. I reported him to 311 as well.
311 will disregard that saying it's his job to stop. When you take chauffeur class, if someone flags you, it's your job to stop even if you're in the middle lane otherwise the rider can report you for profiling.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I get it, traffic gets backed up, but what is crazy is how much the taxis block the street staging esp on wacker and really jack up traffic. .
This was on the Sun-Times this week. It's the businesses that complained about traffic on river north area, especially hubbard, kinzie, state, Dearborn and clark area. Everyone will get a ticket including valets that block the street, per the mayor.
TRAFFIC ON CLARK.. especially since they made it one lane getting onto wacker. Wtf are they doing to that bridge anyways, its their fault for that mess has taken forever been torn up.

It was funny during the christmas tree lighting..someone was tryinf to drive their motorhome down state and turn on superior because they had it blocked off and he couldnt make a sharp enough turn and they had to move the barricaids for them to get turned...idiot

·
Registered
272 Posts
Cops like cabs because they know we have cash and they know they might be able to solicit a bribe. I mean if an officer makes it clear that 100 dollars will save me the trouble of an equally expensive ticket and possibly time in court, I would go for the bribe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.