Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been here at the Cowboys stadium for the game to get out for the last 30 minutes and even though it's surging I have not gotten one Pax. Why's that?

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
I've been here at the Cowboys stadium for the game to get out for the last 30 minutes and even though it's surging I have not gotten one Pax. Why's that?
I just look at the riders app it not surging there but on the drivers app it say 3.5 surge I guess uber still playing games with there drivers

·
Registered
656 Posts
the driver app will show red for all platforms,

I saw a few times this week when it was red and it was only xl surging

have to check in rider app for other platforms

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
It is surging, I have done pickups and took advantage of the $$$. But it is a very difficult extraction (military operation basically). You must get pretty close to the inner circle (which is basically like dropping in a parachute behind enemy lines). Arlington Cops everywhere, baracades everywhere, streets blocked ect...the surge zone is too small! Some PAX walk across division or I 30 to get a ride for way less. UBER / LYFT need a pickup / driver stagin area just like the cabbies have. Basically the cabbies actually have a huge advantage at this stadium . The surge is real high because getting a PAX in your car is harder than finding a gold coin laying on the street!! The surge is based on PAX unrealistic expectation that u will magically appear out of thin air exactly as they exit the door!

·
Registered
34 Posts
This describes the situation of event pick up best. However, I am not turning on my application until I get close to the crowd. I ask anyone who needs a ride. They jump to your car and then I turn on my driver app and let them request it from their phone at the same time. I avoid finding someone on the other side of the stadium.
It is surging, I have done pickups and took advantage of the $$$. But it is a very difficult extraction (military operation basically). You must get pretty close to the inner circle (which is basically like dropping in a parachute behind enemy lines). Arlington Cops everywhere, baracades everywhere, streets blocked ect...the surge zone is too small! Some PAX walk across division or I 30 to get a ride for way less. UBER / LYFT need a pickup / driver stagin area just like the cabbies have. Basically the cabbies actually have a huge advantage at this stadium . The surge is real high because getting a PAX in your car is harder than finding a gold coin laying on the street!! The surge is based on PAX unrealistic expectation that u will magically appear out of thin air exactly as they exit the door!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts