1,317 Posts

Is this what our future holds?

GET SOME MACE/SPRAY !
GET A DASH CAM !
GET SOMETHING TO DEFEND YOURSELF
GET A "HELP NEEDED" ALARM/BANNER/FLASHING LIGHTS

AND DO IT NOW BEFORE YOU DRIVE AGAIN.

Be Sure, Be Safe
Umm,... Get another job..... When I was driving Uber, I wanted to save-up for a dashcam. How many more rides before I can afford that? Mace would probably mace me in the face too. Don't even talk about guns in California. That's when I realized that there is another option.....

Drop Uber.......

Do it now. If you can't do it now, do it soon.

DO IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN........

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Uber actually prohibits weapons when online... just read threw they're weapons policy, but Dash Cam for sure, interior facing is ok so long as local laws allow it, but depending on area you may have to have a posted sign disclosing to all they are on camera, we should at least be allowed pepper spay, uber policy said nothing about it, but is it a weapon? No weapons is all it really says

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
Uber actually prohibits weapons when online... just read threw they're weapons policy, but Dash Cam for sure, interior facing is ok so long as local laws allow it, but depending on area you may have to have a posted sign disclosing to all they are on camera, we should at least be allowed pepper spay, uber policy said nothing about it, but is it a weapon? No weapons is all it really says
I asked a critical care rep the very same question about pepper spray being allowed and no reply yet.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
You're missing his point. Regardless of what you make, your life is worth more. Understand?
That's a given, I don't need to be told that. I replied to the thread and was trying to get clarification on the weapon issue.

No your not and I do not drive for Uber. And regardless what you think you make, your life is not worth it.
Why is your profile UberblackdriverLA if you don't drive for Uber?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
That's a given, I don't need to be told that. I replied to the thread and was trying to get clarification on the weapon issue.
Why is your profile UberblackdriverLA if you don't drive for Uber?
When I joined, in 2014, I was driving UberBlack. I cant change my screen name. I was fortunate enough to get enough private clients by the time UberX exploded to go on my own. I have since expanded to 5 cars with a 6th coming this summer. I used Uber to get started, stole as many of their clients that I could before I could no longer stomach the company and moved on. I never feel threatened by a client now. Almost all business people and vacationers. I still face the extreme danger of being on the road 10 hours a day some days, but not worried about being attacked.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Word of advise to any newer drivers;
Never allow a pax to sit directly behind you.
Have them more over so you can see them in your mirror.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts