Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Good to see they are actually planning for this. I noted today that ACL has done some traffic management planning this year. Drop off/Pick up spot is on the north side of the river at the Mopac pedestrian bridge.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to see they are actually planning for this. I noted today that ACL has done some traffic management planning this year. Drop off/Pick up spot is on the north side of the river at the Mopac pedestrian bridge.
I haven't seen that. Please post it if you can.

G

·
The ped bridge was a pu/ dropoff at last years ACL . If your fine with being stuck with heavy congestion and a weak cell signal at the ped dropoff, then please, all the new drivers use that one. Try not to freak out when uber app goes down as it did at last years acl during end of night.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Here's my issue with this drop off / pick up zone. It is on the WRONG part of the track. Though there is at least 1 exit from the track there, going off my memory. Most people will exit either the West side (main entrance) or the North and North West side of the track do to habit from concerts and or normal seating area.

My suggestion then is for all of us to INFORM our pax's of this NEW policy and request that when they leave the track to either exit on that side or work their way around. The more we let them know now the better it will be come F1

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Isn't a COTA run a lot of dead miles to get back to where some business might be? Or dead miles out for a single ride after a concert?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Isn't a COTA run a lot of dead miles to get back to where some business might be? Or dead miles out for a single ride after a concert?
It is but the money from the trip covers it IMO. Lowest pay I can recall before Ubers cut was $17 something, pickup was at the OMNI just East of 35 and 71. Most of the rides I've given to COTA, there are not many of them, were around the $20 mark. Thing is I have a good staging spot so the drive back is probably shorter me then most others. IF I pick someone up there it will be the only trip. I do not relish dropping someone off in West Austin then driving all the way back to COTA

·
Banned
332 Posts
Not to mention, you weren't even on this ****ing thread until I posted.
This site is works so well in the short time I have been here.
So I'll just delete all my postings and let the few that saw the thread have the information....
This is why we can't have nice things.
Sounds good. GTFO.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Isn't a COTA run a lot of dead miles to get back to where some business might be
I only p/u at COTA when I drop off at COTA ... and if the pax gives me their number so we can coordinate a p/u. I used to go and wait for pax to leave concert, but another driver scooped my pax once ... and the pax later called me to tell me that they would have ridden with me; but the other driver said "I wasn't there" ... but I was :(

The problem with the old COTA process (or lack there of) is many drivers treated COTA as a "dog eat dog" free for all ... with many drivers walking up to the main entrance to get pings or scoop riders and some drivers actually parked on the main roadway just to be closer to the ping action. *and that just makes all of us look bad to COTA and Austin City Council ... maybe even to riders.

** And while I only drive Select ... I too hate deadhead miles to/from COTA.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts