Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How ya'll doing this beautiful Friday night in Colo Springs? I'm going pretty steady. Just throwing some feelers out there. Good luck this holiday weekend! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And.....of course, after I posted this, I hit a brick wall. Nothing from about 8-11. And then it picked back up a little bit. Luckily, we had the GWAR concert in town and they're going to Denver tomorrow, so maybe better luck there on Halloween night? Eventually, I wanted a beer of my own, so I went offline. Hopefully tomorrow is better! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I didn't log into Uber because Lyft has a guaranteed hourly pay bonus deal going on this weekend; but from what I saw on Lyft last night, it looked like every driver in the city was out.

It took over an hour to get my first ride. Luckily I got enough rides the rest of the night to make my minimums for guarantees.

I'm surprised Uber didn't do the same thing.

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
I'm surprised Uber didn't do the same thing.
To the best of my knowledge, Uber hasn't paid an hourly guarantee since July 4th weekend, and with so many drivers on the road, I'm not surprised at all that Uber didn't see a need to offer up even the most minimal guarantee for this weekend.

As far as me working the Lyft guarantees, my acceptance rate for the week is usually well below 90% and has been since the early part of this year when Lyft began to flood the Denver market with drivers. Lyft repeatedly sends me requests that are simply too far and/or out of the way, plus I often go for long stretches of time without getting a Lyft request and then forget to log off after I accept an Uber request, so occasionally I get a Lyft request that I have to ignore because I'm in the middle of an Uber ride.

Surprisingly enough, last night I had one rider mention that she paid 2x for her ride to dinner. I commented that if she had waited just a minute or two that the surge factor would have likely disappeared.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts