Uber Drivers Forum banner
661 - 680 of 824 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Guys, just an update on my booster shot (Moderna). Felt great with no soreness first 12hrs and I thought this is better than the 2nd dose with no side effects. Now 12hrs later, BAM, I am pretty sore, head to toe, slight feeling of cold but nothing like a real cold, very slight. 2 x Panadols later, ache has gone away but won’t trust myself driving. So for the full time drivers, try and book your booster on an off peak day and take 24-48hrs off and lay in bed if you get sore. Pretend booster shot is your 48hrs unpaid weekend. Stay safe and recover well. We will all have the virus in the next 2 weeks. Rock and roll.
Similar for me too. With my first 2 shots of AZ I experienced zero side effects, nothing, not even a mark on my arm 🙂. I booked a booster shot (Pfizer) on the 30th Dec as I wanted the extra protection before NYE. Had the shot at 12.15 and felt fine all afternoon but felt fairly tired in the evening so went to bed early. Long story short, felt really fatigued and lethargic all through NYE. I carried on working till I had a longish trip to a pub and I could barely keep my eyes open. Dropped peeps off and just went home. I was in bed asleep by 9.30 NYE 😄. Right as rain the next day but the feeling of lethargy and fatigue was very real. Good advice to choose your booster day wisely.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Similar for me too. With my first 2 shots of AZ I experienced zero side effects, nothing, not even a mark on my arm 🙂. I booked a booster shot (Pfizer) on the 30th Dec as I wanted the extra protection before NYE. Had the shot at 12.15 and felt fine all afternoon but felt fairly tired in the evening so went to bed early. Long story short, felt really fatigued and lethargic all through NYE. I carried on working till I had a longish trip to a pub and I could barely keep my eyes open. Dropped peeps off and just went home. I was in bed asleep by 9.30 NYE 😄. Right as rain the next day but the feeling of lethargy and fatigue was very real. Good advice to choose your booster day wisely.
Good to know it only lasted 24hrs for you. Hoping mine does not stretch out as I have heard even big blokes like me get knocked out with the booster shot for up to 7 days.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
It’s taken the world 2022 years & we still haven’t learnt a thing
How hard is it to have good hygiene & to not eat exotic animals 🦇 🐍 🐀 🤣
Interesting that you think some in world got dumber in just the last 2022 years. As a generalisation, I'd be inclined to agree. 👍

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Guys, just an update on my booster shot (Moderna). Felt great with no soreness first 12hrs and I thought this is better than the 2nd dose with no side effects. Now 12hrs later, BAM, I am pretty sore, head to toe, slight feeling of cold but nothing like a real cold, very slight. 2 x Panadols later, ache has gone away but won’t trust myself driving. So for the full time drivers, try and book your booster on an off peak day and take 24-48hrs off and lay in bed if you get sore. Pretend booster shot is your 48hrs unpaid weekend. Stay safe and recover well. Rock and roll.
New update on my Moderna booster shot. Now 40 hrs after my shot, I am still wrecked. Fever is still there, sweaty, body aches subsiding but still very sore, headache still there. Man, I think I should have gone Pfizer for my booster as I didn't have this many side effects with Pfizer. They say when a vaccine brings you down, it is working really well but damn, it's very miserable at the moment.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Interesting that you think some in world got dumber in just the last 2022 years. As a generalisation, I'd be inclined to agree. 👍
Plenty of reasons why many people appear to be "dumber". The meteoric rise of social media is one glaring reason. Social media has many positive aspects but the negative effects are downright dangerous and can lead to social isolation, misinformation, disinformation and a tendency to a more sociopathic perspective of life.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
New update on my Moderna booster shot. Now 40 hrs after my shot, I am still wrecked. Fever is still there, sweaty, body aches subsiding but still very sore, headache still there. Man, I think I should have gone Pfizer for my booster as I didn't have this many side effects with Pfizer. They say when a vaccine brings you down, it is working really well but damn, it's very miserable at the moment.
Shame fella, you'll be ok. Interesting how the side effects (if any) affect people differently. My understanding of booster shots is that a different vaccine is required for the best outcome. So, you probably couldn't have avoided the Modena shot anyway. Myself, I had 2 AZ shots and had to have a Pfizer as a booster.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts

Icecool did say not to take it 🤣
Just kidding 😂
Get well soon 👍

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Icecool did say not to take it 🤣
Just kidding 😂
Get well soon 👍
Yea na, will need to see his Medical Degree from Bangladesh first before I can give him some slack. I know Uber drivers are respected and known to be some of the most knowledgeable and intelligent people in the world but in Medicine I still need to see proof of credentials.

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Guys, just an update on my booster shot (Moderna). Felt great with no soreness first 12hrs and I thought this is better than the 2nd dose with no side effects. Now 12hrs later, BAM, I am pretty sore, head to toe, slight feeling of cold but nothing like a real cold, very slight. 2 x Panadols later, ache has gone away but won’t trust myself driving. So for the full time drivers, try and book your booster on an off peak day and take 24-48hrs off and lay in bed if you get sore. Pretend booster shot is your 48hrs unpaid weekend. Stay safe and recover well. Rock and roll.
Don't worry the shot is working. it's just killing off your remaining immune system. The vaccines are Just like doing chemo without the cancer to protest you from cancer.

661 - 680 of 824 Posts