Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Uber driver missed some business... should have asked pax for a $1 "retainer" and made a case of it

Also, he st00pidly gave up his pax's pickup address.

And discusses his own household address, discloses that he doesn't actually live there for a while now admitting a violation etc (DMV gives you, what, 25 days or so?

Apologetic mode of interaction is also ridiculous for a lawyer/court official.

...SADLY INCOMPETENT.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Seriously is there a better reason to dislike cops than this video? The first guy comes up and makes up some BS about an issue that if he had any interest at all in police work he would have seen countless examples and fully understood by now it's legal to film cops while they work. As a matter of fact in most places it's legal to film ANYONE in public (California and audio, I know)

So the first guy makes up some BS and based on that they decide to bring in some k-9 unit whose sole job will be to fake find something and give the cops an even more ludicrous reason to search his car.

A lot of people on this forum are down with the cops. If any of you can defend this bullshit I'd like to hear it

And here's the next video when the dog comes along, and a bunch of cops decide the dog has hit on something so they destroy his car (didn't get to the end, don't know if they destroy it.

Good find, Citronbull

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
OMG they actually brought the doggie?

Fail lawyer

AND he buys into good cop bad cop

One pax once asked me how I'd react to stuff like this...

1) Sir, you CANNOT pull over a passenger. Please direct any questions you may have to ME. If you pulled me over as a driver, let me know what's up, otherwise I'm on the clock and would like to be on my way

2) Please produce a warrant for an occupant of my vehicle, otherwise you pull me over - you talk to ME. My customers are NOT interested in making voluntary conversation with you while paying me for the privilege.

3) unless there are any vehicular or driving-related issues or probable causes, this interview is over and I need to return to my work.

4) customer information can be subpoena'd from uber. Please use Google to find the pertinent phone number or PO box.

5) kthxbai

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That first cop did not have to be a dick. And the other cop wasn't saying much but watching his every move, very creepy. He probably had his hand on his holster ready to shoot. Also, the uber driver was white. Imagine if he was black dude, wearing a backwards hat like some uber drivers we have here in LA.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
That first cop did not have to be a dick. And the other cop wasn't saying much but watching his every move, was creepy. He probably had his hand on his holster ready to shoot. Also, the uber driver was white. Imagine if he was black dude, wearing a backwards hat like some uber drivers we have here in LA.
Not for nothing but it helps if you cooperate with them

·
Registered
287 Posts
Seriously...He needs to do Uber being a lawyer?
Or as Trump says.....SAD!

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Not for nothing but it helps if you cooperate with them
Pffft.

That's what they're trying to make you think by pulling all this borderline legal macho intimidation nonsense

Guessing he is a public defender, one of the few jobs that sounds as or more depressing than being an Uber driver, SAD!
I would not want this clown defending me.

He probably talked himself into at least one ticket and filmed and posted a perfect video of how to NOT act with the police

On the bright side, he whined to the "good cop" that the "bad cop" was being a jerk.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Guessing he is a public defender, one of the few jobs that sounds as or more depressing than being an Uber driver, SAD!
I was watching the public defender once and I think they're probably pretty good lawyers. I think they're hopelessly overworked but I think they know the system pretty well.

Oh definitely.

Don't do that unless you Tysons AND Houdini rolled into one
Houdini died from a punch to the stomach

·
Registered
28 Posts
OMG they actually brought the doggie?

Fail lawyer

AND he buys into good cop bad cop

One pax once asked me how I'd react to stuff like this...

1) Sir, you CANNOT pull over a passenger. Please direct any questions you may have to ME. If you pulled me over as a driver, let me know what's up, otherwise I'm on the clock and would like to be on my way

2) Please produce a warrant for an occupant of my vehicle, otherwise you pull me over - you talk to ME. My customers are NOT interested in making voluntary conversation with you while paying me for the privilege.

3) unless there are any vehicular or driving-related issues or probable causes, this interview is over and I need to return to my work.

4) customer information can be subpoena'd from uber. Please use Google to find the pertinent phone number or PO box.

5) kthxbai
I agree 100% here. Vehicle for hire under Ca CPUC police have no right to make contact with pax. Also pointing out your right to document public servants in discharge of their duty is legal and is a constitutional protected guarantee.

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
He makes $7-800 a week part time? Damn! Where's part 2?

Reactions: Tedgey

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
Why won't they just answer the ****ing question? What is the dog's indicator? Just answer the question. Looked like the dog was getting all happy the whole time, especially around the tires. Maybe the tires are really made of compressed hash. And if you have melatonin "you should have a prescription"? It's over the counter. It's not even medication, it's a hormone that makes you sleepy. Painful to watch. But where's part 4. I'm looking for part 4 now.

Follow up. I watched a Jesse Bright interview telling what happened. The passenger wasn't arrested. Cops searched him and found nothing and let him go. He really just had an envelope with, probably a pay check like he said. Or a really amazing system to make drugs into what appears to be paper.

Reactions: IKINCYA
1 - 20 of 62 Posts