Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Watch your speed. 5 motorcycle cops issuing tickets right now on Elliott right after ballard bridge.

You might want to skip that request as well when you are on Elliott. Do not touch that phone.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
19,240 Posts
. . . Wait, what?? How does Waze help in that area???? :eek:
The Waze app will verbally tell you " Caution! Police reported / or Police activity ahead!" It will tell you that in any area that police are spotted and reported, since Waze is an information sharing app. You see a pothole, you report it on Waze, and the next "Wazer" who drives on that road, gets a verbal warning, " Caution! Pothole ahead! " It even tells you how many feet/ yards you are from the cop or pothole, and the distance decreases as you get closer.

I remember I was on 167 north, in Kent doing about 68 mph. Waze said "Caution, police reported in 1 mile." I slowed down, as I got closer, Waze told me I was 1000 feet, 500 feet, 100 feet, ......I'm looking around frantically, see nothing. When it said 50 feet and I still saw nothing I assumed they had left the area. Then just as I passed a gap in the Jersey barriers between the south bound and north bound lanes, there he was. I smiled at him as I passed, and he looked very annoyed that I found his hiding spot.

So yes! Go download Waze! Its the legal version of a police radar/ radio scanner.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
The Waze app will verbally tell you " Caution! Police reported / or Police activity ahead!" It will tell you that in any area that police are spotted and reported, since Waze is an information sharing app. You see a pothole, you report it on Waze, and the next "Wazer" who drives on that road, gets a verbal warning, " Caution! Pothole ahead! " It even tells you how many feet/ yards you are from the cop or pothole, and the distance decreases as you get closer.

I remember I was on 167 north, in Kent doing about 68 mph. Waze said "Caution, police reported in 1 mile." I slowed down, as I got closer, Waze told me I was 1000 feet, 500 feet, 100 feet, ......I'm looking around frantically, see nothing. When it said 50 feet and I still saw nothing I assumed they had left the area. Then just as I passed a gap in the Jersey barriers between the south bound and north bound lanes, there he was. I smiled at him as I passed, and he looked very annoyed that I found his hiding spot.

So yes! Go download Waze! Its the legal version of a police radar/ radio scanner.
Downside is because of that Waze doesn't get information from the city about road closures and construction.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
19,240 Posts
30mph, go 38 and watch people pass and get pulled over! little Smart Cars are the worst
I was doing about 37 when a cop who had me in his radar, took it off me to get the 1978-ish Lincoln Continental Hooptie with 3 occupents, that got tired of tail gating me, and shot around me and floored it. My the smell of weed was strong in their tail drift. Cop got em pulled over right before the Ballard Bridge. I sighed relief, and never sped again in that area.

Lincoln mark series Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

(Hooptie.....:cool:)

On a side note, I got a ping from the Shelter, got my pax, and headed south back across the Ballard Bridge. As we passed the Lincoln which was still being pulled over, it was completely empty. However, instead of the one motorcycle cop that had pulled him over, it was a freaking light show that would put Christmas lights to shame. Must have been at least 8 police cars behind the Lincoln.

·
Banned
6,758 Posts
I was doing about 37 when a cop who had me in his radar, took it off me to get the 1978-ish Lincoln Continental Hooptie with 3 occupents, that got tired of tail gating me, and shot around me and floored it. My the smell of weed was strong in their tail drift. Cop got em pulled over right before the Ballard Bridge. I sighed relief, and never sped again in that area.

View attachment 156112
(Hooptie.....:cool:)

On a side note, I got a ping from the Shelter, got my pax, and headed south back across the Ballard Bridge. As we passed the Lincoln which was still being pulled over, it was completely empty. However, instead of the one motorcycle cop that had pulled him over, it was a freaking light show that would put Christmas lights to shame. Must have been at least 8 police cars behind the Lincoln.
let see, you are smoking and driving, and then speeding?!?! yep jail time, party is over

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.