Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Doesn't look like a "sincere apology" to me at all!

More like "Im the boss here and y'all should be kissing my feet along with calling me "your highness".

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
This dickwad needs to go to one of those boot camp places - get some hard arsed military dude chew him out and belittle him in public, preferably in front of his bosses (essentially your pax is your boss while they are paying to be transported) and let him see how it feels.

The guy is a friggin disgrace, he should be fired plain and simple and then maybe he'll think twice before being a "big man" in the future.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
I hope Uber uses the Video in their driver training program. IMO he did everything right in a very difficult provocative situation.

Uber really needs to acknowledge his handling of the situation and the quick thinking rider who recorded it all.

A question to thehappytypist - do you think Uber will reward the driver and rider in some small way?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Yeah, that didn't really look like an apology. He didn't admit do any wrong doing or seek forgiveness for any of his actions, he was only apologetic for getting caught.

It should have gone more like:

"I apologize to _____, I should not have yelled at him, I shouldn't have even pulled him over."

After that he can add in his own semantics about how he 'let his anger get the best of him' or whatever he wants to use as an excuse...because clearly he has to have an excuse, no way he's just a dbag.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow... Rough responses. Yeah, he was a dirtbag. Really shitty thing to do to anyone. But we all have bad days and say things we shouldn't have said or done things we shouldn't have done. This guy has a family I'm sure and works in one of the toughest cities on the planet. He let his authority get the better of him. And he was a shit for doing it. We're all human. Who knows why he was pissed in the first place. Maybe he just worked on some murdered teenager case. Doesn't matter to me. He needs to be reeducated then given another shot IMO. I wish him well and I hope the Uber driver sues the city for abuse.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I hope Uber uses the Video in their driver training program. IMO he did everything right in a very difficult provocative situation.

Uber really needs to acknowledge his handling of the situation and the quick thinking rider who recorded it all.

A question to thehappytypist - do you think Uber will reward the driver and rider in some small way?
Didn't know there was a training program...oh that's right, the schmuck in the Benz and suit...yeah I remember..lol!

·
Registered
819 Posts
That wasn't an apology. He said that if the conversation had initially gone differently (putting it on the driver) then they would have ended up shaking hands. He basically said that it was the driver's fault that he got angry and acted the way he did and he isn't mad anymore (BS). Typical abuser behavior. Everyone is to blame for his behavior except for himself. Again, this isn't the first time he's been cited for outbursts like this, it's happened a dozen other times. Why the heck is this guy only getting desk duty? He should have been fired several offenses ago.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It all started when the cop don't use his blinker when changing lanes/turning. Sorry guys but that's a huge pet peeve of mine. I'm pretty sure, too that the cop was in an unmarked car...if he was, I would have flashed my lights/honked too.

There are these certain cops in all cities and towns both large and small. None of them should think they are above the law but unfortunately some do.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

It's hard to say. I'm leaning towards no but NYC management has tricks up their sleeves and can surprise you.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Only if they think it will add to their bottom line or will help counteract bad press. They gave an Uber onesie to the baby born in an Uber car.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Only if they think it will add to their bottom line or will help counteract bad press. They gave an Uber onesie to the baby born in an Uber car.
It's standard practice in NYC. If we hear of a baby born in a car or someone requesting an Uber to get to the hospital and give birth, they'll get a onesie. Some even send in pictures of the baby afterwards, and all of us female CSRs get all mushy over it.

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
It's standard practice in NYC. If we hear of a baby born in a car or someone requesting an Uber to get to the hospital and give birth, they'll get a onesie. Some even send in pictures of the baby afterwards, and all of us female CSRs get all mushy over it.
The Uber driver got his cleaning fee and got Knicks tickets, but the Knicks suck lol :p

·
Registered
189 Posts
"What would you like to say to him?"

"That I'm not mad at him"

He sounds like he thinks he's doing him a favour. Like a disappointed father: "Son, I'm not mad at you, just disappointed."

You're meant to be apologising dude, get off your high horse.

As always for these kinds of vids, he's not sorry for what he did he's sorry he got caught.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts