Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had many reported issues, as most do, navigation, safety, professionalism, Uber says This is to help you improve, yet how can I improve if I don’t know which trip it was?? I’ve done 8000trips in 2years, yet 9people have complained, so I must be doing something right, my rating is 4.94*

Today I check my rating for last week, dropped to 4.93* I don’t care, it’s still quite high, yet I see two new reported issues,, conversation, what does this mean, did I talk to much, did I talk to little, how does this reported issue help at all?

My rule of thumb, is I won’t pick up any rider below 4.6, because if their rating is low, they will rate low, I also don’t speak to any rider unless I’m spoken to, you can pick up on social cues, all I say is hi, how are you, you must be so and so, they confirm, I then confirm address, only because I’ve picked up wrong rider who had same address, or another put wrong destination address,

Anyone else had this conversation as a reported issue,

Attachments

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,849 Posts
ive had many reported issues, as most do, navigation, safety, professionalism, Uber says This is to help you improve, yet how can I improve if I don't know which trip it was?? I've done 8000trips in 2years, yet 9people have complained, so I must be doing something right, my rating is 4.94*

Today I check my rating for last week, dropped to 4.93* I don't care, it's still quite high, yet I see two new reported issues,, conversation, what does this mean, did I talk to much, did I talk to little, how does this reported issue help at all?

My rule of thumb, is I won't pick up any rider below 4.6, because if their rating is low, they will rate low, I also don't speak to any rider unless I'm spoken to, you can pick up on social cues, all I say is hi, how are you, you must be so and so, they confirm, I then confirm address, only because I've picked up wrong rider who had same address, or another put wrong destination address,

I wouldn't worry too much about those issues for conversation. Uber knows that not everyone is going to agree or disagree on the same topics. Your human not a robot. What you should concern yourself mildly with is if the conversation issues stated "professionalism." That's where the pax might be trying to accuse you of talking about sensitive topics. ( Race, religion and politics.)

As a rule your are a driver. Your not a "Court Jester." Your not paid to amuse the pax and make balloon animals for them. If you want to go above and beyond..... fine, but I make very good wages, and highly rated driver for 1 1/2 years ( part time) 1265 5 star trips, and a rating that bounces from 4.88 to 4.96. I greet pax in and out of the car, talk only when I get an interested response to a comment and not an "Huh? Oh yeah........sure."

Generally if there are 2 or more people in the car I keep quiet unless asked to engage. Usually it's just best to say as little as possible unless proded by the pax. Even then, be careful of what you say, and don't get baited into a risky topic. Up here we have actual Uber employees who ride and some try to be some sort of undercover Uber Sheriff.

I don't give out water, mints or gum because I've had to clean it off my floor too many times.

Good luck, watch the conversation, and you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it maybe to do with the new rating system they implementad two weeks ago, I did a calculation, of 39 ratings of 5* times5 equals 195 plus 4 ratings of 4* (16) equals 211 divided by rated trips (43) equals rating of 4.906 so out of the 4 people who rated me 4* two made a complaint, or unless it’s ubers new rating policy in effect, I didn’t get the reported issue in the rating place where they usually pop up,

I’m overly not too concerned, I have 4000 5star trips on my profile, with 210 comments and badges,

I also don’t give out water/mints/gum as I’m not a shop, if riders want these items they can buy their own, I’m not wasted my income on them, I see it as bribery, I also don’t ask for 5* riders downvote you for this,

I’ve picked up two Uber employees, man it was uncomfortable, I knew they were judging me hard, one I know did make a complaint about navigation, because I asked her what her preferred route was, apparently I’m not suppose to ask, and it’s my job to know, she told me off, even though uber tells you to ask,

Thanks for your reply, yea I’m not too worried, I’m very cautious in what I say, even the word merry Xmas can offend some people,

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I got a "Conversation" report recently, but with an ironic twist. It was never communicated to me or pushed out in the Driver App. I just happened to be checking Ratings > Weekly Reports and there it was, buried in the middle of one of those reports.

I've picked up two Uber employees, man it was uncomfortable, I knew they were judging me hard, one I know did make a complaint about navigation, because I asked her what her preferred route was, apparently I'm not suppose to ask, and it's my job to know, she told me off, even though Uber tells you to ask.
How irritating. Although I am very careful about what I say when people ask about Uber issues like how much we make, and so on, I think the "Conversation" report I reference above might have been related to such a converation. Where Pax turned around and said, I'm guessing, something along the lines of 'I don't think it's OK for your driver to be speaking negatively to passengers about the company.'

·
26,770 Posts
Probably means you offended some snowflakes little feelers.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Uber employee did make a complaint about navigation, because I asked her what her preferred route was, apparently I'm not suppose to ask, and it's my job to know, she told me off, even though uber tells you to
It is your job to know only if you are a limousine driver in certain jurisdictions or a cab driver anywhere. As an Uber/Lyft/Via driver, it is your job to hug a GPS and sit in traffic with everyone else.

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
I got this today. No idea where from, which ride. They won't tell me when the ride was or what I supposedly said. How am I supposed to improve if you won't tell me specifically what I did wrong?

I got one just like this from Uber early on, over a year ago. It bothered me so much I went into the Hub. The guy read the internal comments and started laughing, told me not to worry about it. Gee thanks, fellas, for all the unnecessary stress.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
65,417 Posts
ive had many reported issues, as most do, navigation, safety, professionalism, Uber says This is to help you improve, yet how can I improve if I don't know which trip it was?? I've done 8000trips in 2years, yet 9people have complained, so I must be doing something right, my rating is 4.94*

Today I check my rating for last week, dropped to 4.93* I don't care, it's still quite high, yet I see two new reported issues,, conversation, what does this mean, did I talk to much, did I talk to little, how does this reported issue help at all?

My rule of thumb, is I won't pick up any rider below 4.6, because if their rating is low, they will rate low, I also don't speak to any rider unless I'm spoken to, you can pick up on social cues, all I say is hi, how are you, you must be so and so, they confirm, I then confirm address, only because I've picked up wrong rider who had same address, or another put wrong destination address,

No.
Never.
Ever.
WHAT DID YOU DO !!!

Dud you 1* her?
I drove a lot of Uber employees over the years, and I never treated them any different.
Some of them were pretty cool, actually.
I still cant believe the way that clown treated Travis !

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,849 Posts
Whenever some pax tries to "bait" me into saying something negative about Uber I never do. I say bait because I'm certain that's what they are doing. I make sure I tell them how much I Loooooooove Uber and Travis and now Dara are just the greatest!:D:D

The pax stare at me with a side eye. Yeah I'm not stupid. We have one Uber Corporate and 2 Greenlight Hubs here. Very strong chance some pax starts asking questions about Uber............it is Uber.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
I've picked up two Uber employees, man it was uncomfortable, I knew they were judging me hard, one I know did make a complaint about navigation, because I asked her what her preferred route was, apparently I'm not suppose to ask, and it's my job to know, she told me off, even though uber tells you to ask,
tell her to go suck an egg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I BEEN DRIVING UBER FOR 5 MONTHS NOW, FIRST WHEN I STARTED I WAS FRIENDLY AND HAVING CONVERSATION WITH PASSENGERS , DOING FAVORS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ASK YOU TO STOP 2 OR 3 TIMES FOR EVERY PAX YOU HAVE WITH ONLY ONE DESTINATION. EVEN THOUGH MY RATING DECREASE AND HAVING COMPLAINT .SO I DECIDED TO BE VERY SHARP WITH THEM , MY JOB IS TO DRIVE FROM POINT A TO B THAT'S ALL IF THE PAX DONT LIKE IT I DON'T CARE . AFTER THAT MY RATING GETTING HIGHER .

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Ditto. People in general will walk all over you if let them. The UBER CHEAP rides are not enough, they want to continue to maximize the the $2-$4 fare. Guess the pax didnt get the memo. This is Rideshare 3.1, things are different. You want value? Wells thats exactly what you get. The exact equivalent value of service from Point A to B. Being silent freaks some pax out, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I BEEN DRIVING UBER FOR 5 MONTHS NOW, FIRST WHEN I STARTED I WAS FRIENDLY AND HAVING CONVERSATION WITH PASSENGERS , DOING FAVORS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ASK YOU TO STOP 2 OR 3 TIMES FOR EVERY PAX YOU HAVE WITH ONLY ONE DESTINATION. EVEN THOUGH MY RATING DECREASE AND HAVING COMPLAINT .SO I DECIDED TO BE VERY SHARP WITH THEM , MY JOB IS TO DRIVE FROM POINT A TO B THAT'S ALL IF THE PAX DONT LIKE IT I DON'T CARE . AFTER THAT MY RATING GETTING HIGHER .
Do you scream at them like this too? I think I may have identified your problem...

Reactions: Julescase
1 - 20 of 21 Posts