Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I worked ft Worth, haven't calculated but I know I was over 1000 pnts, I did 31 trips, I'm just glad I took in over 300 today, just hope I at least made 10th place ;) I made 3rd months ago, but that was before everyone else had the "side hustle" lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
64 trips total. Just woke up. I drove til 4am because I'm not sure if Uber will count that last hour from the time change. So for the contest I either got 60 or 64. Surprisingly I was completely fine while driving all day, the motivation. It was the drive home that I began to get tired.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't keep track of miles. And if you knew the full story you would be completely shocked. I only clocked out for at most, 15 mins. I prepared myself the second the text came in for this contest. I won 1st in the OU/TX one last year, so I knew I had to be ready. I bought some snacks. Simple stuff.
Variety cookie pack, and PB crackers. Already had 2 cases of water in my trunk.

You know the shitty part is even with as many rides as I did, I'm not certain it's enough to win. I just know there is someone else, or a few others, that drove the same time as I did. Top 10? I should definitely place, would be surprised if I didn't. But I'm really hoping I did enough for the 6k.

The thing is I played for the contest, not the surge. During peak hours of that parade, in the later hours at least, I drove Addison/Plano area. Which is what helped me keep my ride count up. Creeped up to Frisco ride by ride and got a ride later in the night that took me down to Northwest Hwy. I've drove that lady once before. She's a dancer at one of the clubs there. Then got a ride that went from Irving to Deep Ellum and for the remainder of the night, especially since Greenville traffic was much easier to navigate around, I stayed in the common areas, Deep Ellum/Uptown/Downtown/Greenville/Oak Lawn. There was maybe 3 or 4 longer trips I had, 20+ miles. Sure I was frustrated getting them, but I stayed motivated, focused, and determined. Consistency is what won me the OU/TX contest, so I stuck to the plan here. Still, who knows if it was enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didn't keep track of miles. And if you knew the full story you would be completely shocked. I only clocked out for at most, 15 mins. I prepared myself the second the text came in for this contest. I won 1st in the OU/TX one last year, so I knew I had to be ready. I bought some snacks. Simple stuff.

You know the shitty part is even with as many rides as I did, I'm not certain it's enough to win. I just know there is someone else, or a few others, that drove the same time as I did. Top 10? I should definitely place, would be surprised if I didn't. But I'm really hoping I did enough for the 6k.

The thing is I played for the contest, not the surge. During peak hours of that parade, in the later hours at least, I drove Addison/Plano area. Which is what helped me keep my ride count up. Creeped up to Frisco ride by ride and got a ride later in the night that took me down to Northwest Hwy. I've drove that lady once before. She's a dancer at one of the clubs there. Then got a ride that went from Irving to Deep Ellum and for the remainder of the night, especially since Greenville traffic was much easier to navigate around, I stayed in the common areas, Deep Ellum/Uptown/Downtown/Greenville/Oak Lawn. There was maybe 3 or 4 longer trips I had, 20+ miles. Sure I was frustrated getting them, but I stayed motivated, focused, and determined. Consistency is what won me the OU/TX contest, so I stuck to the plan here. Still, who knows if it was enough.
So how many points u got working that many trips? if u don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Give me a few minutes. I'll calculate it.

2280 if Uber counted the last 3AM-4AM hour(because of the time change), which I don't believe they did.
2080 if they didn't.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts

I think you've got that 6K in a bag!! I'm willing to bet nobody else went beast mode like that!! Good luck!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts