Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
2008 Honda Fit. Plenty of scratches, 125k miles and also paid for a while ago. I think it's the only real way to profit from UberX.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Paid $2100 for a 2006 Suzuki Verona... Interior is flawless but it sounds like the timing chain is hooked up outside the engine block. It has run like a champ these 6 weeks and my rating has improved because I had grown tired of the minnows in my 2012 and now I smile more; had one rider ask if it was a diesel!

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Used to have an 01 Acura MDX until it died in November with 230+k miles, beat that!
My very 1st Suburban. Sold it for $2200 after 378k miles. It was a workhorse. It was a '01 that had ****** rebuilt, front end rebuilt, internal fuel pump replaced, A/C compressor replaced and internal oil pump replaced as the major repairs. Made allot of money from that vehicle.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
2005 Dodge Stratus, 146k miles. Starter #3. Driver's side window doesn't work, blower motor makes funny squealing sounds, rims don't match (three oem-one custom), and three of the four interior door handles have cracks in them. (Daimler-Chrysler did *not* design those right.) The rear passenger side interior door handle has been replaced with a steel handle meant to go on a wooden gate that I bolted into the holes for the old OEM door handles. (Plastic OEM interior door handles went from $35-210 on Ebay. My replacement? $5.00, bolts included. :) ) There's a dent in the back from a pre-Uber accident in which I backed into a telephone pole in an alleyway. I think I'm on the factory shocks. My pax *swear* I'm on the factory shocks whenever I take 'em over the cobblestones on East 7th St. I used to run the heater in heavy traffic because the cooling system became somewhat marginal in summer heat in traffic. Before its current visit to my mechanic, the front suspension used to creak and pop on every acceleration, deceleration and when I turn the steering wheel at a stop.

It's still the nicest car I've ever owned. :)

P.S. While the Stratus sits in the shop, I've driven a 1998 Toyota Sienna minivan with missing seats, no grill, a fine layer of dust, mismatched steel rims and 267k miles for delivery. It died on me in downtown Austin doing Postmates deliveries, but a little wiggling of the ground battery cable got it going again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.