Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last two days, anytime I'm near LAX, I receive requests to pick up at specific LAX terminals. I'm even getting LAX requests from Venice Beach! Uber just keeps sending the standard boilerplate bullshit. How in the hell are PAX able to drop pins directly inside the airport? It's not worth the risk, so I keep cancelling these trips. It's getting to the point where I won't be able to work within 10 miles of LAX. What the hell?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Uber are allowed to pick up at John Wayne airport couple days ago.
Probably they're testing at LAX, or they just simply don't inform drivers yet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uber are allowed to pick up at John Wayne airport couple days ago.
Probably they're testing at LAX, or they just simply don't inform drivers yet.
First off, John Wayne and lax are two separate airports with different policies . Being able to pick up at 1 does not imply that you can pick up at the other . Secondly , Uber has been allowed to pick up at John Wayne for awhile, not just a couple of days ago. Finally, if we are allowed to pick up at LAX, no one told the airport police that. I just spoke with them, and they're saying that they will ticket and tow Uber Drivers that to try to pick up. In the exact words of the officer I spoke with, "If Uber Drivers don't know the airport policies, then shame on them. They're going to pay a heavy price for their ignorance."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't pick them up. Months ago I would get these request while sitting in 2X surge in Santa Monica. Sent "support" several emails regarding the issue and eventually it stopped. Just another pain in the ass technical issue. Why riders can even request an Uber X with the specific terminal at LAX is beyond me..

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
For the last two days, anytime I'm near LAX, I receive requests to pick up at specific LAX terminals. I'm even getting LAX requests from Venice Beach! Uber just keeps sending the standard boilerplate bullshit. How in the hell are PAX able to drop pins directly inside the airport? It's not worth the risk, so I keep cancelling these trips. It's getting to the point where I won't be able to work within 10 miles of LAX. What the hell?
They probably have you in the system as a TCP licensed car. You should email support to get it fixed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They probably have you in the system as a TCP licensed car. You should email support to get it fixed.
I have emailed them 3 times. Twice I got canned responses, once I got a response that I shouldn't be getting those calls. I'm still getting them, so apparently emailing Support doesn't do squat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't pick them up. Months ago I would get these request while sitting in 2X surge in Santa Monica. Sent "support" several emails regarding the issue and eventually it stopped. Just another pain in the ass technical issue. Why riders can even request an Uber X with the specific terminal at LAX is beyond me..
It's frustrating because I've been having it happen for the last four days straight. Even when I try to get away from LAX, I keep getting these ****ing calls.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Pick them up and go without the uber sticker on ur car. If someone asks tell em ur mom sent u to pick up a friend. Or they get car sickness so they have to sit in the back or simply say nothing. Uber what?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Pick them up and go without the uber sticker on ur car. If someone asks tell em ur mom sent u to pick up a friend. Or they get car sickness so they have to sit in the back or simply say nothing. Uber what?
Bad idea. This is something Uber would ask of people instead of abiding by local policies.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do what you want then.
Day 6 of this shit. I just got 6 calls in a row for LAX...from Hawthorne. After getting nowhere with so-called "e-mail support," I went to the Uber center in LA. I was told it would be forwarded to the engineers, but they wouldn't even look at unless there are at least three cases. For ****'s sake, Uber...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I know I'll pick up any passenger anywhere airport prison adult video store can't be worse than the strip club pick up.

I'll even pick up someone from the NTSB in a restricted area in front of the TSA officer near the DHS office and yes he can bring in an open container.

Reactions: Hotep31

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where in LA do you normally go for pings? I'm gonna try out la for the first time tomorrow and could use some pointers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know I'll pick up any passenger anywhere airport prison adult video store can't be worse than the strip club pick up.

I'll even pick up someone from the NTSB in a restricted area in front of the TSA officer near the DHS office and yes he can bring in an open container.
my thoughts exactly

1 - 17 of 17 Posts