Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure about anyone else but in the last two months I have seen a large increase in the amount of incorrect pickup addresses I receive. Yesterday I had 8 pings and 4 of them had the wrong address. Today was 5 pings and 3 had the wrong address. The addresses were off by half a block to 1-2 miles. I don't mind a bad address every now and then but a rate of 50% or more of the addresses being incorrect is just too much.
So, I have started cancelling the rides and marking them as a wrong address and moving on to the next one.

Good luck to those drivers that pick up the trail of angry pax I leave behind until Uber suspends me.
I'm pretty sure those 7 people I cancelled on were mad they had to request another Uber, especially since I talked most of them, and may have given a couple the idea that I was coming to pick them up.
Funny part is one drunk guy called me 15 minutes after I had cancelled the ride to ask how close I was to the new address and I think I drove past a group of pax standing outside of some swanky new albany place after I cancelled their ride. Turns out I was only half a block from them but they should have put the right address.
Uber has two responsibilities. To get us to the rider and to pay us. They are failing miserably at one of them.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Instead of canceling as wrong-address, wouldn't it be better to wait 5 minutes and get your $4 no-show fee?

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually wait 5 minutes before contacting the rider but sometimes I just don't care and Uber rarely gives me the fee anyways. They even suspended me for two minutes after I did it back to back to two people.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sorry, I'm new but now I'm confused.
Doesn't the system know when you've arrived, and know that you've arrived at the location given by the rider, and know that you waited 5 minutes? I thought the no-show fee was automatic and undeniable?

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It should but it apparently doesn't like me. I've waited longer than 5 minutes for dozens of people and not get paid. Uber's only response is that it is automatic and to F off.
You can get the fee for the wrong address as well. Least I did yesterday.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ive noticed a few times random pickups in a field nearby downtown a common name like joe they wont respond to my text and theres nobody within distance. this happens once a weekend to me seems like its during surge or peak time, and it always waste my time! when we as drivers have to cancel what do we have to do to collect the no show fee? i know they get charged after five minutes and they cancel but what happens if they dont show how do i cancel and still get paid?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure about anyone else but in the last two months I have seen a large increase in the amount of incorrect pickup addresses I receive. Yesterday I had 8 pings and 4 of them had the wrong address. Today was 5 pings and 3 had the wrong address. The addresses were off by half a block to 1-2 miles. I don't mind a bad address every now and then but a rate of 50% or more of the addresses being incorrect is just too much.
So, I have started cancelling the rides and marking them as a wrong address and moving on to the next one.

Good luck to those drivers that pick up the trail of angry pax I leave behind until Uber suspends me.
I'm pretty sure those 7 people I cancelled on were mad they had to request another Uber, especially since I talked most of them, and may have given a couple the idea that I was coming to pick them up.
Funny part is one drunk guy called me 15 minutes after I had cancelled the ride to ask how close I was to the new address and I think I drove past a group of pax standing outside of some swanky new albany place after I cancelled their ride. Turns out I was only half a block from them but they should have put the right address.
Uber has two responsibilities. To get us to the rider and to pay us. They are failing miserably at one of them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Uber sent me a message this morning that I'm cancelling too many rides. Really? I've driven for 16 months and never received one before. If they are not at the pickup after 2-3 turns around the block in heavy traffic I'm gone. If I'm double parked on High street and I let the customer know I'm out front and blocking traffic and they don't come out I'm gone. Two of my three cancellations this past week was because I was driving on my own time to return items left in my car, and forgot to turn the app off. This pisses me off, it's good to know there are other ways to make money with your car.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Part of the problem is people set the power savings setting on their phone so that the location services get turned off. Then when they request a ride, unless they hit the little round icon that sets the pin drop to current location, (which will request a new location from the phones locations services activating it) the app gets it's location from the last location which could have been several min to several hours ago. These riders are clueless on why and where the pin drop is, they won't even look at the address that they have requested a driver to be sent to. Unless it's a surge of 2.0 or greater I don't call, the app notifies them when I have arrived at the pin drop / pickup location, if they are not there I cancel rider no show and go off line while I drive away. If they call me I will tell them what they did and how to correct it, but I won't go back to pick them up, as they will ding your rating. This has an effect of educating the riders on how to use the app with out hurting my rating. There has also been notices by the FAA and other federal agencies of GPS outages and this will effect the accuracy of the location services. Even being in a high rise building can throw the location services off by a block. I will drive around the block once to see if they are out on the curb, but I don't wait. They want to ride in my car, they got to get out to the curb with the correct pickup location, or they can just request again. About half the time I get the cancel fee, after uber gets their share, it's only $4 here in KC. If I get a timeout, then I usually use that as time to take a break and chill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts