Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current job simply isn't paying enough to support my family. I'm working 9-5 M-F and my paycheck disappears on the day received, due to all kinds of bills, credit card debt, rent etc. My boss tells me he's going to move one of my weekdays to a weekend day so I will work on Saturdays, and have one day off during the week. I have not decide which day I will take. Most likely it'll be either Tuesday or Wednesday because those 2 days are slower.
My question is: if I just work one day a week in NYC area, how much money should I expect to make driving UBER(let's say I drive 8 hours in this day, from late morning into early evening). I've seen uber recruiters posting something like $45/hr which I highly doubt. If I can make like $30/HR after uber's cut, I'm satisfied. I need to hear from you guys who have been doing it a while what is it really like out there. I grew up in the city so I'm pretty comfortable driving there(but I hate getting tickets which is why I moved to suburbs. Of course rent is much much cheaper too). I'm also curious how often you can get a ride request if you are in the city vs suburbs(like queens, brooklyn). I'm hoping to get 2 rides per hour if possible.
One last thing is does uber allow you to change your car often, like every week? I don't plan to use my own car because it's already quite old. I'm thinking of renting a car(for $50) just for the day(one day in the week) that I drive. Is that doable?
Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all!

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
In that case, you will not be anywhere near satisfied.
To be fair NY pays almost 2 dollars a mile which is really good but it's going to be hard to net that when NY requires drivers to purchase a personal commercial insurance policy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts