Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
hi all. I'm considering leaving the corporate rat race and driving for uber...
Can you survive on what you make?
I think thrre might be a few small pockets left in the US where if you drive smart, you might make $20 or $25 an hour..... Which lets face it, in this day and age, is still not a lot of money.
But many places are just flat out crappy. Here in Sac, its tough to average more than $10 an hour (minimum wage) for 30 or 40 hours.
I have a super cheap cost of living, and im just scraping by :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Why is everyone lying to her!!! You can make two thousand dollars a week!! It says so on the craigslist ads. We have ethics and morals in this country and can't lie to people who are desperately looking for work.

I drive 9pm to 230am most nights and i pull roughly 450 a week.
But i also have a full time, this is just for play money and savings
So when do you have time to drink your sorrows away, and nurse your hangover? Geez.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So when do you have time to drink your sorrows away, and nurse your hangover? Geez.
No sorrows here man. I get every sunday off my fulltime and i occasionally take 1 night off uber every week.
Uber has become less about the extra money and more about meeting people. Lot of really cool people in the world i would have never met if i didnt drive

·
Registered
525 Posts
No sorrows here man. I get every sunday off my fulltime and i occasionally take 1 night off uber every week.
Uber has become less about the extra money and more about meeting people. Lot of really cool people in the world i would have never met if i didnt drive
How many hours total do you work both jobs? Sounds like a nightmare. I'm poor but honestly I'd rather be poor than work 80 hours a week.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Yes and no

Yes, for the most part, on what I make, NO on what the people around me tend to make...

·
Registered
15 Posts
40ish at my full time and anywhere from lets say 36 min to 40+ driving uber.
I have a really good team around me at the full time and i have really started to enjoy meeting new people driving so the time doesnt bother me. I cant tell you how many times ive been parked in someones driveway just chatting. The only thing i dont like is the down time between rides

·
Registered
344 Posts
Take 10-15 Ubers.

Talk to 10-15 drivers in your market that drive full time and see if they would recommend it. Highly doubtful.

If you are still wanting to really see if it's for you, do 50 rides part time, track your mileage, fuel, expenses, time etc...

If you like it, your making what you need to make and understand that over saturation is a real threat, go for it...

1 - 20 of 118 Posts