Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
You doing it or not? I also received this email

I just had some bad experiences in the past by putting a sticker on my front window. I remember a pedestrian taking a photo of my front window after I stopped in a 'No Stopping Zone' and I had an incident at the Domestic airport when I was moving forward and a passenger in the front of my vehicle got in alteration with me.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would be cool if it had their name lit up too.. like colours can help them but their name woud be the best.. but i guess that would leave you open for someone pretending its them

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill do it but if there is any major incident, Ill be taking the gadget thing off my window. Also whenever there is free food Im in.
Lol.. free car washes too if your quick

So I have to take time out of my day to pick it up, then drop it off when Vivid festival is finished.

What for?

To give some novelty to the passengers?

No thanks...
I thought this might be to keep for good and test for all drivers to use eventually being its a trial

·
Registered
2,041 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have to return so no thanks

Do I have to pay for it?
As these Beacons will only be used for a trial period during the Vivid Light Festival, they will be provided to you completely free of charge!

However, we will need the Beacon to be returned by 29 June 2018. If the Beacon is not returned by 29 June 2018, you will be charged a $100 non-refundable deposit.

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
Uber patented a light-up sign to go on top of cars

Uber
The patent was first filed in May 2014, but was only granted to Uber on January 3. It describes a light bar that sits on top of Uber cars, with a colour-changing section that can be controlled by the passenger's app. The patent also describes how the entire bar could light up, and passengers could select different patterns.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/uber-patented-a-light-up-sign-to-go-on-top-of-cars-2017-1
That sounds cool. I wonder if there's an option to make it flash like a cop car to bounce through traffic.

·
Registered
731 Posts
It is just down the road so I'll go grab one.

Cerise FTW.

Have to return so no thanks

Do I have to pay for it?
As these Beacons will only be used for a trial period during the Vivid Light Festival, they will be provided to you completely free of charge!

However, we will need the Beacon to be returned by 29 June 2018. If the Beacon is not returned by 29 June 2018, you will be charged a $100 non-refundable deposit.
Return it. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ what a waste of time.

No chance. I don't waste a moment I don't have to on Uber.

Dear Lord Uber is cheap when it come to the drivers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
so has the person who thought of doing a cross promotion with vivid seen George St and the areas around circular key in the past 4 years.... cause it ain't car friendly... all joke aside I'll probably give it a try.

I got an invite too, they must have many to hand out. I don't see the point of picking it up and having to return it. no thanks
uber will probably give drivers signed up high priority.... my only issue with the return window is the only day casual drivers can really return it is June 23rd, i feel like there causing them self a busier than normal day

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.