Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The only time I ask a passenger's name is in front of a bar when there are likely other passengers looking for their Uber driver, too. I would also probably do it if I picked up at the airport, unless I called them first and made arrangements as to how many there were and where to meet up. Otherwise, I'm picking up people at their homes and it's pretty clear they are my passenger.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
You could also use a generic, gender-neutral name and ask every passenger if they are "Joe" even though you're looking for "Barry." They would then respond with, "No, I'm Barry." Then you would say, "Oh, right, that's what I meant, hop in."

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Me: What's your name?

Pax: Ashley? Why?

Me:Just making sure no one's getting a free ride on your dime

Pax: wow thanks for checking! Do people honestly try to get free rides? That would of sucked to deal with that.

They think I'm doing it for them. Nnaaww beezy I'm trying get paid lol!
Pax: Why?

Seriously? Because you're getting in my effing car and I don't know who the hell you are. Wtf?

That would be like going the doctor and being offended when they ask your name when you check in. Or any other appointment. Ridiculous!

Why? Smh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.