Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw that, now let us know if it actually worked. In other words over the next few days you'll know for sure whether you are receiving pool requests or not.
Oh yeah for sure ;) I'm gonna hold them to it since they confirmed I was opted out. I'll reply if I receive any Pool requests

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been reading a few posts where people sent the email and support said they couldn't do it. Then they noticed they weren't getting any Pool requests. So they ask the question of "Am I opted out or is this just a fluke." Whereas I have proof in writing that they took me off, so I can use it to my benefit should I need to escalate it :)

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
Can't you just confirm yourself by signing into your uber x profile through driver app and then signing into passenger app and see if your car appears on the map for pool? That's what I did and my car disappears when I slide over from uber x to pool.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can't you just confirm yourself by signing into your uber x profile through driver app and then signing into passenger app and see if your car appears on the map for pool? That's what I did and my car disappears when I slide over from uber x to pool.
I don't think that's a solid way of knowing. Sometimes my car icon doesn't appear regardless of X or Pool. Before I opted out, sometimes my car wouldn't show up under Pool and sometimes it did. But with this in writing, I shouldn't receive any requests.

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
I don't think that's a solid way of knowing. Sometimes my car icon doesn't appear regardless of X or Pool. Before I opted out, sometimes my car wouldn't show up under Pool and sometimes it did. But with this in writing, I shouldn't receive any requests.
Always works fine for me and I would trust the map more than an email confirmation from uber support. lol. I'm sure you prob opted out... just saying easier way to confirm.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
I have two driver accounts, one in DC and one in Baltimore. Baltimore does not have Pool so when I drive in DC market with Baltimore account the car disappears when I slide the ride option to Pool. I have never received a ping with UberPool with my Baltimore driver account, so I know it can be done.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For sure. But for me, If I relied on an uber support email I'd still be waiting for my lax permit that was on it's way for 5 weeks before I finally had to go into Westwood office myself to handle.
Uber sent me another lax permit randomly haha. I have two now :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just like that they actually confirmed it. Cause now I have proof that I'm out of pools hehe!
I think it is working because the previous weeks i wasn't getting too many pool requests so declining them really didn't matter too much. However, this morning was pretty much nonstop pool requests and I was put on timeout for declining. Sure enough, I got the same pool request after my 2 minute timeout. Then after my last ride which ended shortly after 9, I hit offline and 3 seconds later I got another pool request. This isn't the first time that i've somehow mysteriously ended up online...

Although I haven't updated my ios to the last update, i highly doubt that's what caused the problem.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts