Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,298 Posts
Uber can't even confirm that the driver who almost got car jacked and opened fire was a driver or not..

Classic uber.

That should tell you how oblivious they are to everything. The carjackers werent even "customers" of uber so it's a moot point. The crime wasn't on uber's time so they don't have to know anything.

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Uber can't even confirm that the driver who almost got car jacked and opened fire was a driver or not..

Classic uber.

That should tell you how oblivious they are to everything. The carjackers werent even "customers" of uber so it's a moot point. The crime wasn't on uber's time so they don't have to know anything.
I'll bet they know that all of those drivers
have been deactivated never to return
pending investigation

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
The bad part is if these guys were in a gang, the driver will have an entire posse to deal with. And, if this was a Hollywood movie, the driver would have shot to kill, ensuring that there would be no witnesses and possible retaliation from the survivor. Two shots into the chest usually ensures death.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,298 Posts
The bad part is if these guys were in a gang, the driver will have an entire posse to deal with. And, if this was a Hollywood movie, the driver would have shot to kill, ensuring that there would be no witnesses and possible retaliation from the survivor. Two shots into the chest usually ensures death.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
In hollywood 2 to the chest is death. In the real world?

Not so much.

What is true is the trope of a guy who keeps getting shot over and over and keeps swinging until finally succumbing to his wounds. Sometimes it works like that in RL.

·
Premium Member
11,024 Posts
I live in phila. crazy part this area is not as bad as they make it sound..with , as i call these covid times. thier are crazy stupid criminals. now how much was he carrying??$29...
i did food delivery in a good safe area many years at night as a second job..like 20 years. its crazy , all always ask , how much cash do you have $$$$$ on you.
IDGAF, about that, i want life...never robbed , and carrying..
.I laugh when the store used to ask , bob you owe $400. can you give us now..thats alot of cash...NEVER WORRY ABOUT THE CASH. worry your life...3 dumb shits - 2 dead- over what $29.
also steve . if you have the correct gun..hard to carry. he will not keep swinging.
...but imho. hard to carry a 9mm or 40 cal. for this job..
.now the driver is alive and will lose job....this is where go fund me helps..get the guy 10k for holidays...by simple coffee cash from us. per 100,000 members...
never will happen
. but it should. because this forum and uber drives all drivers apart..JUST THINK HOW GOOD UBER WOULD BE IF WE ALL LIKED THEM..
CAN WE SAY $2 A MILE-20% COMM FEE'S

·
Premium Member
64,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While good news overall, It’s a shame the driver didn’t put in enough time at the range. He was only one for three and wasted a lot of ammo unnecessarily in the process.

The sad thing is Mayfair would widely be considered to be one of the safe parts of the City.
Not ANYMORE.

WELCOME TO BRANDON'S AMERICA !

Crime " Equity" for Everyone !

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
I live in phila. crazy part this area is not as bad as they make it sound..with , as i call these covid times. thier are crazy stupid criminals. now how much was he carrying??$29...
i did food delivery in a good safe area many years at night as a second job..like 20 years. its crazy , all always ask , how much cash do you have $$$$$ on you.
IDGAF, about that, i want life...never robbed , and carrying..
.I laugh when the store used to ask , bob you owe $400. can you give us now..thats alot of cash...NEVER WORRY ABOUT THE CASH. worry your life...3 dumb shits - 2 dead- over what $29.
also steve . if you have the correct gun..hard to carry. he will not keep swinging.
...but imho. hard to carry a 9mm or 40 cal. for this job..
.now the driver is alive and will lose job....this is where go fund me helps..get the guy 10k for holidays...by simple coffee cash from us. per 100,000 members...
never will happen
. but it should. because this forum and uber drives all drivers apart..JUST THINK HOW GOOD UBER WOULD BE IF WE ALL LIKED THEM..
CAN WE SAY $2 A MILE-20% COMM FEE'S
Do you know how many bad guys I put down in my time in the sandbox?

Since it's on topic I figure I can discuss it on this thread.

Basically when someone gets shot there's very few places that will cause "instant death" as it were. Now if you puncture their lungs or punch a hole in their heart they will stop completely, same with severing the spine.

However there's a great deal of places you can get shot that will result in rapidly bleeding out. But in those seconds they can still be a threat and can still cause damage.

Then of course you have people who get shot like 20 times and survive from sheer dumbass luck. One POW we took I could swear wasn't going to survive but we captured him all the same and he got patched up and went on to Guantanamo. I know quite a few guys who survived multiple center mass hits.

Myself? The bullet I took to the leg wasn't lethal nor did it stop my ability to keep shooting. And that was a .762 thru and thru.

Something I need to say on the subject. A high callibur firearm isn't what I'm going to recommend for use against someone in your car with you. Do you want their bones exploding in a shower of shrapnel and gore because you punched a softball sized hole in them when they were 8 inches away from you?

Or would you rather punch a small hole in their chest?

Like I said I hate to be graphic but these are considerations you need to make when choosing a firearm.

I go with a smaller callibur because at point blank range that's all you need.

This is what happens with a high callibur pistol at close range.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
especially a scatter load to hit a few people
Shotguns?
If your far enough for the spread to hit a ton of people your too far away to kill a ton of people.

so I recommend shotguns for defense because shotguns lose a lot energy on distance and spread.

if you take an Ar-15 with FMJ you can shoot through most walls and the bullet is still lethal.

with a shotgun that’s not the case.

your shotgun also won’t over peenetrate and go into your neighbors house and kill your neighbor either. Really all around much less collateral damage.

Also shotguns don’t really need a lot of skill to shoot. You know what they say about horse shoes and hand grenades? Yeah close is close enough with shotguns to.

I’m 100% confident I could get someone with a face/chest full of buckshot/bird shot without my glasses on in low visibility without my eyes adjusted to the dark.

Also if you get hit with w shotgun blast your gonna need half a dozen people picking pellets out of your ass best case scenario of a glancing hit on the outer edge of the cone. So let’s say you drop a couple of shells into a home invader and he escapes? Well he’s marked with shotgun pellets and more than likely bleeding all over the damned place dropping DNA evidence.

·
Premium Member
11,024 Posts
What i mean steve, i used to have a load for my handgun with scatter shot..i would stagger the mag . in case i was in my car and , say 3 guys were trying to get in,,1 scatter shot to do enough to scare them away.. 2nd shot . real rounds..my job was a very safe area.
but i did shoot a few guys in my city years ago . in self defense with my 9 mm . they tryed to attack me while walking in our city..i had no choice..3 were hit..no deaths...lose my permit pending for 6 months...
they just came right at me to hurt me. i said stop..they wont not,,they had guns to..i pulled it out and shot all 3...either i shoot them or i die...buck that

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
What i mean steve, i used to have a load for my handgun with scatter shot..i would stagger the mag . in case i was in my car and , say 3 guys were trying to get in,,1 scatter shot to do enough to scare them away.. 2nd shot . real rounds..my job was a very safe area.
but i did shoot a few guys in my city years ago . in self defense with my 9 mm . they tryed to attack me while walking in our city..i had no choice..3 were hit..no deaths...lose my permit pending for 6 months...
they just came right at me to hurt me. i said stop..they wont not,,they had guns to..i pulled it out and shot all 3...either i shoot them or i die...buck that
You mean snake shot?

Why?

Just why?

I live in Florida and i'm not even white trash enough to hunt for squirrels.

Unless you hit someone directly in the face/eyes that snake shot isn't going to do shit. Snake shot won't penetrate denim jeans or a flannel shirt.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts