Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The complaint was filed by me for cleaning charges after a claim was denied by uber because I was given a $20 tip. I only post this to reach that one person. This is a word for word transcript less my address for obvious security reasons.

In the Circuit Court of Cook County William G Robinson plaintiff vs uber defendant

Plaintiff brings his complaint

Plaintiff is a resident of Cook County Illinois and does business as a partner with uber in Cook County where the following took place

Defendant is a corporation in Cook County Illinois doing business as a rideshare company

Background plaintiff

Plaintiff was given an opportunity to work as a partner with uber on July 21st 2015 and has been working in good faith for over six weeks as an independent contractor

Background cleaning and repairs

On September 3rd 2015 on or about 9:22 p.m. plaintiff picked up and dropped off a passenger for uber the trip as it is called was about .4 miles from a restaurant to a hotel in Chicago one of the passengers vomited in the plaintiff's vehicle contaminating the car back seat and floor mat and area of carpeting I filed a complaint with defendant and requested for cleaning fee which was denied by the defendants within minutes at around 10:02 p.m. the same evening the reason given for the denial was a $20 tip that I had turned down but was forced into my hand buy one of the two passengers

Background overloading

On September 4th 2015 after the claim was denied I took a trip with a writer consisting of four passengers the Chevy Cruze only has four seat belts one for the driver 3 for passengers the third passenger can only ride unprotected without a seatbelt between the second and fourth passengers the third passenger is in a position which blocks the view of the driver from the traffic behind him limiting the safety of the driver and the trip after reading the writer Dylan I filed a serious rider issue with the defendant minutes later the response from the defendant was that overloading a passenger vehicle is against state and federal transportation laws I was swiftly warned not to accept any trips that would overload my vehicle the smell of vomit was still within the vehicle and this was the only trip I could take before professional cleaning of the entire vehicle

Background ratings

the defendant also has a rating policy with a driver rates writers and the writers write the driver on a1 to 5 scale

Background 101%

After reporting a serious driver issue the plaintiff was sent an email stating that the defendant stands by the plaintiff 100 1%

Complaint 1

The defendant has in the past express to the plaintiff in emails that they back and support the plaintiff 101 percent because the tip was not a cash paid to the plaintiff by rider or passenger as the defendant insist I never accepted or fair for trips that was not paid to plaintiff through the defendant it is not a just cause to deny a claim for damages or cleaning fee as the defendant's policy is to pay to have the vehicles cleaned and repaired if acceptable when visible and excessive damage has been done to a partner and driver's vehicle the only information provided by uber at the time of cleaning request is the following copied from the uber app

Request a cleaning fee reimbursement can be requested if a writer damages your vehicle in a matter that requires significant cleaning and repair and prevent that you from continuing to accept your request please include a photo of the mess or damage within 48 hours of the trip ending and we will assess a fee if appropriate

Complaint 2

As a driver's point of view the defendant does not inform partners of the number of passengers the writer has in his party as driver partners are asked to accept all trip requests as a driver partners can be punished by cancelling trips and can be deactivated if too many trip requests are canceled this puts the driver at risk when he arrives at the pick up location and sees a group of four or more riders if the trip is cancelled the driver does not get paid for the miles or time it takes to drive to the pick up location this puts the partner and driver in a situation to either be punished and not get paid or break transport laws and get paid as a driver for just over 6 weeks a large portion of the trips I accept involve more than three passengers fendants policy is that if you completed an uberx or uber black trip with more than four passengers and you drive and / XL or SUV vehicle in the city that supports those options please contact us so we can follow up

Complaint 3

As a driver partners are rated by writers who request trips many times the passengers are not the writer these ratings made by writers who are not passengers can cause deactivation if a star rating falls below a certain level this is all so unfair to both rider and driver simply because the writer who is not a passenger rates the driver and the driver writes a writer who is not a passenger this results in deactivation and a large amount of fear as some people use their own guidelines to rate services

Complaint 4

Physics proves that no glass or container can hold more than 100% and a simple demonstration will show this to the court there for the defendants cannot stand 101 percent behind the plaintiff

Prayer for relief and damages

Plaintiff praise for the court to find for the plaintiff and amount sufficient to clean and repair the damage and loss of value to the partner and plaintiff's vehicle caused by the passenger who vomited into and onto the back seat of the plaintiff's 2014 Chevy Cruze filing fees for court costs court costs the policy of the defendant is to play for cleaning does not require receipt only a phonograph in an image of the damage within 48 hours no claim was ever made by the defendant that a tip causes a denial of any claim or claim for repairs to a driver's vehicle prior to the night of September 3rd 2015 when my claim for repairs and cleaning was made and denied 2 and by the defendant in a matter of minutes additional relief is requested for a loss of income caused by the delay of time to have the vehicle cleaned and repaired professionally an example of lost fares and income directly from this weekend's flash guarantee that plaintiff could earn up to $280 in gross fair if his car is available finally plaintiff would like to be protected by whistleblower laws from these and all other forms of retaliation caused by complaints made and file past present and future the defendants consistent overloading of vehicles driver ratings request for damages reimbursement cleaning and repairs and denial of service and trips including not taking part in any guarantee fares offer and the disagreements of 100 and 1% stand by your statement made by the defendant plaintiff waited a sufficient amount of time to see if the defendants reverse their judgment against the plaintiff and stood by him 100 and 1% the defendant did not

Exhibits

A copy and paste of denial email from Mary and employee of uber B cost and expenses expenditures document for cleaning and lots of vehicular values to be provided upon request

Exhibit a

Hi William sorry to hear about this mess I understand that maintaining the quality of your car is important to you and that in addition to being a hassle to deal with messes of this nature can take you off the road during important times we are unfortunately unable to add an additional cleaning fee for the rider due to the cash payment that you received for the mess from the writer outside of the uber system as a reminder the uber experience is meant to be cashless we are always happy to review your trips and make necessary adjustments to cares if you let us know about issues that arise but writers should not have to open their wallets if a writer offers a tip please remind them that tipping is not necessary with uber new riders may not know about the tipping policy and could feel cheated if they later learned that tipping was not required of course if the writer still and says you should accept the tip you earned it please keep in mind that if we hear of repeated reports regarding exchange of cash in the future we will have to really evaluate our partnership with you and your use of the uber system please let me know if you have any questions best Mary from over help. Uber.com

Filed this day September 4th 2015 William G Roberson plaintiff

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
The complaint was filed by me for cleaning charges after a claim was denied by uber because I was given a $20 tip. I only post this to reach that one person. This is a word for word transcript less my address for obvious security reasons.

In the Circuit Court of Cook County William G Robinson plaintiff vs uber defendant

Plaintiff brings his complaint

Plaintiff is a resident of Cook County Illinois and does business as a partner with uber in Cook County where the following took place

Defendant is a corporation in Cook County Illinois doing business as a rideshare company

Background plaintiff

Plaintiff was given an opportunity to work as a partner with uber on July 21st 2015 and has been working in good faith for over six weeks as an independent contractor

Background cleaning and repairs

On September 3rd 2015 on or about 9:22 p.m. plaintiff picked up and dropped off a passenger for uber the trip as it is called was about .4 miles from a restaurant to a hotel in Chicago one of the passengers vomited in the plaintiff's vehicle contaminating the car back seat and floor mat and area of carpeting I filed a complaint with defendant and requested for cleaning fee which was denied by the defendants within minutes at around 10:02 p.m. the same evening the reason given for the denial was a $20 tip that I had turned down but was forced into my hand buy one of the two passengers

Background overloading

On September 4th 2015 after the claim was denied I took a trip with a writer consisting of four passengers the Chevy Cruze only has four seat belts one for the driver 3 for passengers the third passenger can only ride unprotected without a seatbelt between the second and fourth passengers the third passenger is in a position which blocks the view of the driver from the traffic behind him limiting the safety of the driver and the trip after reading the writer Dylan I filed a serious rider issue with the defendant minutes later the response from the defendant was that overloading a passenger vehicle is against state and federal transportation laws I was swiftly warned not to accept any trips that would overload my vehicle the smell of vomit was still within the vehicle and this was the only trip I could take before professional cleaning of the entire vehicle

Background ratings

the defendant also has a rating policy with a driver rates writers and the writers write the driver on a1 to 5 scale

Background 101%

After reporting a serious driver issue the plaintiff was sent an email stating that the defendant stands by the plaintiff 100 1%

Complaint 1

The defendant has in the past express to the plaintiff in emails that they back and support the plaintiff 101 percent because the tip was not a cash paid to the plaintiff by rider or passenger as the defendant insist I never accepted or fair for trips that was not paid to plaintiff through the defendant it is not a just cause to deny a claim for damages or cleaning fee as the defendant's policy is to pay to have the vehicles cleaned and repaired if acceptable when visible and excessive damage has been done to a partner and driver's vehicle the only information provided by uber at the time of cleaning request is the following copied from the uber app

Request a cleaning fee reimbursement can be requested if a writer damages your vehicle in a matter that requires significant cleaning and repair and prevent that you from continuing to accept your request please include a photo of the mess or damage within 48 hours of the trip ending and we will assess a fee if appropriate

Complaint 2

As a driver's point of view the defendant does not inform partners of the number of passengers the writer has in his party as driver partners are asked to accept all trip requests as a driver partners can be punished by cancelling trips and can be deactivated if too many trip requests are canceled this puts the driver at risk when he arrives at the pick up location and sees a group of four or more riders if the trip is cancelled the driver does not get paid for the miles or time it takes to drive to the pick up location this puts the partner and driver in a situation to either be punished and not get paid or break transport laws and get paid as a driver for just over 6 weeks a large portion of the trips I accept involve more than three passengers fendants policy is that if you completed an uberx or uber black trip with more than four passengers and you drive and / XL or SUV vehicle in the city that supports those options please contact us so we can follow up

Complaint 3

As a driver partners are rated by writers who request trips many times the passengers are not the writer these ratings made by writers who are not passengers can cause deactivation if a star rating falls below a certain level this is all so unfair to both rider and driver simply because the writer who is not a passenger rates the driver and the driver writes a writer who is not a passenger this results in deactivation and a large amount of fear as some people use their own guidelines to rate services

Complaint 4

Physics proves that no glass or container can hold more than 100% and a simple demonstration will show this to the court there for the defendants cannot stand 101 percent behind the plaintiff

Prayer for relief and damages

Plaintiff praise for the court to find for the plaintiff and amount sufficient to clean and repair the damage and loss of value to the partner and plaintiff's vehicle caused by the passenger who vomited into and onto the back seat of the plaintiff's 2014 Chevy Cruze filing fees for court costs court costs the policy of the defendant is to play for cleaning does not require receipt only a phonograph in an image of the damage within 48 hours no claim was ever made by the defendant that a tip causes a denial of any claim or claim for repairs to a driver's vehicle prior to the night of September 3rd 2015 when my claim for repairs and cleaning was made and denied 2 and by the defendant in a matter of minutes additional relief is requested for a loss of income caused by the delay of time to have the vehicle cleaned and repaired professionally an example of lost fares and income directly from this weekend's flash guarantee that plaintiff could earn up to $280 in gross fair if his car is available finally plaintiff would like to be protected by whistleblower laws from these and all other forms of retaliation caused by complaints made and file past present and future the defendants consistent overloading of vehicles driver ratings request for damages reimbursement cleaning and repairs and denial of service and trips including not taking part in any guarantee fares offer and the disagreements of 100 and 1% stand by your statement made by the defendant plaintiff waited a sufficient amount of time to see if the defendants reverse their judgment against the plaintiff and stood by him 100 and 1% the defendant did not

Exhibits

A copy and paste of denial email from Mary and employee of uber B cost and expenses expenditures document for cleaning and lots of vehicular values to be provided upon request

Exhibit a

Hi William sorry to hear about this mess I understand that maintaining the quality of your car is important to you and that in addition to being a hassle to deal with messes of this nature can take you off the road during important times we are unfortunately unable to add an additional cleaning fee for the rider due to the cash payment that you received for the mess from the writer outside of the uber system as a reminder the uber experience is meant to be cashless we are always happy to review your trips and make necessary adjustments to cares if you let us know about issues that arise but writers should not have to open their wallets if a writer offers a tip please remind them that tipping is not necessary with uber new riders may not know about the tipping policy and could feel cheated if they later learned that tipping was not required of course if the writer still and says you should accept the tip you earned it please keep in mind that if we hear of repeated reports regarding exchange of cash in the future we will have to really evaluate our partnership with you and your use of the uber system please let me know if you have any questions best Mary from over help. Uber.com

Filed this day September 4th 2015 William G Roberson plaintiff
I thought that you were in love with uber?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Having been a independent contractor for years in both the taxi business and the courier and food business I can assure you that uber's control far exceeds the standard for IC's. The end result will be either a designation of employee employer or a sharp reduction in the power wielded by uber, both of which will seriously disrupt their current business model. The propoganda machine will run out of fuel, not if but when.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yea I had to speed read through some of it but it's substance is correct. This is probably just the beginning. Uber or their idiot founder is obviously banking on driverless technology, which would have been smart had they slow rolled it, but they or he chose to get greedy. Now everybody else will get the chance to catch up, what a stupid greedy mistake. The time frame for driverless cars will be equal to the original difference between the onset of car phones to cell phones, which took a while. Greed without merit will ulimately cost you.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
We are starting to get back some of our lost market share from uber because of our tech advantage and supierior equipment and service here in Hampton Roads,Va. I just hope they keep the annoying entitled drunks! Cab on
Ah no. You guys had 'em first. You gotta take them back. The good news is, most of them are so broke now they'll be riding the bus. You're welcome!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm surprised you were allowed to start with a car that only holds 3 passengers.
I'm surprised they were allowed to say to pick up for people when most cars only come with 4 seat belts and one of those is for the driver B

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Legal court actions are never a joke a joke would be sing some guy playing with himself in the highway and then telling that person "don't play with yourself in the highway you can think about it but don't do it"

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought that you were in love with uber?
Looks like William1964 filled out his lawsuit papers using voice to text function as well!
;)
I like the other company I wouldn't call it love that is more of a parent child thing in my honest opinion.

I did not use the speech function to right out my complaint that was funny and had I known it was possible I would have filed it electronically from my home office space which happens to be a $1,500 deduction even if its just a desk and chair in your bedroom

Reactions: chi1cabby

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
William1964 did you ever opt-out of Binding Arbitration? Did you file pro se?
All kidding aside, good luck to you!
Lemme know if you'd like to see this covered in the local media.
And then ran it through an English to Gibberish enryption package.
That is correct it is in English to gibberish function that encrypts what is said in English into gibberish

I would have cut and pasted it copied and pasted it here but I finished it at the library when I printed it and didn't save a copy I have the hard copy

Reactions: chi1cabby

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
William1964,
Don't forget to sue for treble damages, court costs, and lost pay (downtime).
Whenever someone smashed a cab I owned I'd write out weeks and weeks of average daily trip sheets and pad them.
Don't be afraid to get paid.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts