Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
4F442CF0-D11B-4205-8441-DACD88EBEC2E.png
Wonders never cease! I opened my driver app and there were details of a competition involving Uber and Qantas.

One driver from each state and from the ACT stands to win a Qantas flight voucher worth $500 plus an accommodation voucher worth $500.

To enter, you need to state in 25 words or less who you'd love to see on the other side of a door.

Who is John Galt? has already claimed Travis Kalanick in his bid to win the prize for South Australia but may settle for either Sarah Hanson-Young or Penny Wong should Travis be unavailable.

Who would YOU love to see on the other side of a door? Tell us in a post below.

Here are the competition details:

Exclusive Uber Driver-Partner Competition

Win 1 of 7 $500 Qantas flight and $500 Qantas hotel vouchers - thanks to Uber and Qantas.

Uber riders can now earn Qantas Points when they travel door to door with Uber to or from selected Australian aiports. These include Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, Gold Coast, Hobart, Maroochydore, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Townsville, Newcastle, Toowoomba, Avalon and Byron Bay.

To celebrate the partnership between Qantas and Uber, driver-partners have the chance to win a $500 Qantas flight voucher and a $500 Qantas Hotels voucher. There are seven prizes to be won - one per state and ACT

Whether travelling from the office to a hotel, from a holiday or your front door - the Qantas and Uber partnership aims to make door to door airport journeys more seamless, across Australia.

For your chance to win, tell us in 25 words or less - who would you love to see on the other side of the door?

Enter now

Driver Referral Code
(as found on your momentum card)

State

Tell us in 25 words or less, who would you love to see on the other side of the door?
I have read and accept the terms and conditions.

Important information
Entry is open to Uber drivers within Australia only (excluding the NT). To enter you must answer the question in 25 words or less: tell us in 25 words or less, who would you love to see on the other side of a door? The competition will be open from 00:01am AEDT Wednesday, 15 November 2017 and will close 11:59pm AEDT Wednesday, 22 November 2017. There are seven prizes to be won (one per state and ACT ), each prize consists of 1 x $500 Qantas Flight voucher and 1 x $500 Qantas Hotels voucher.

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
View attachment 176565 Wonders never cease! I opened my driver app and there were details of a competition involving Uber and Qantas.

One driver from each state and from the ACT stands to win a Qantas flight voucher worth $500 plus an accommodation voucher worth $500.

To enter, you need to state in 25 words or less who you'd love to see on the other side of a door.

Who is John Galt? has already claimed Travis Kalanick in his bid to win the prize for South Australia but may settle for either Sarah Hanson-Young or Penny Wong should Travis be unavailable.

Who would YOU love to see on the other side of a door? Tell us in a post below.

Here are the competition details:

Exclusive Uber Driver-Partner Competition

Win 1 of 7 $500 Qantas flight and $500 Qantas hotel vouchers - thanks to Uber and Qantas.

Uber riders can now earn Qantas Points when they travel door to door with Uber to or from selected Australian aiports. These include Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra, Gold Coast, Hobart, Maroochydore, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Townsville, Newcastle, Toowoomba, Avalon and Byron Bay.

To celebrate the partnership between Qantas and Uber, driver-partners have the chance to win a $500 Qantas flight voucher and a $500 Qantas Hotels voucher. There are seven prizes to be won - one per state and ACT

Whether travelling from the office to a hotel, from a holiday or your front door - the Qantas and Uber partnership aims to make door to door airport journeys more seamless, across Australia.

For your chance to win, tell us in 25 words or less - who would you love to see on the other side of the door?

Enter now

Driver Referral Code
(as found on your momentum card)

State

Tell us in 25 words or less, who would you love to see on the other side of the door?
I have read and accept the terms and conditions.

Important information
Entry is open to Uber drivers within Australia only (excluding the NT). To enter you must answer the question in 25 words or less: tell us in 25 words or less, who would you love to see on the other side of a door? The competition will be open from 00:01am AEDT Wednesday, 15 November 2017 and will close 11:59pm AEDT Wednesday, 22 November 2017. There are seven prizes to be won (one per state and ACT ), each prize consists of 1 x $500 Qantas Flight voucher and 1 x $500 Qantas Hotels voucher.
Has anyone seen an announcement of who won these prizes?

·
Premium Member
16,514 Posts
Has anyone seen an announcement of who won these prizes?
QANTAS Competition Terms and Conditions said:

Duration

2. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am on Wednesday, 15 November 2017 and closes at 11:59pm on Wednesday, 13 December 2017 (Promotion Period).
I am really glad that I saw this last post of yours Jack, as I have been meaning to reply to this ever since you first posted back on 17th November.
Firstly, as in the T&C's above, the competition doesn't close until next Wednesday; so a few days to go yet. :) There is still time to get on board and surf to stardom. :)

Now I need to thank you, because I was just going to give his competition the flick, as it was 25 words or less required to state who you'd love to see on the other side of a door. I have a deal of difficulty with 25 words or less. Usually for me, it is a deal-breaker. I keep asking the mods for an extension of the 10,000 character post limit, so I'm sure you can imagine my torment and distress at a mere 25 words.

Nonetheless, there were a couple of key words and phrases in the competition details which fired my imagination and really got the creative juices flowing. I had to fart around endlessly with the words trying to fit my brilliance within the 25 word limit. But a couple of days after your initial post I did; its done, and I am just awaiting the call of congratulations after next Wednesday. :D

Again, I apologise for not coming back sooner. When I win, I would like to invite you to share the $500 Qantas flight voucher and a $500 Qantas Hotels voucher with me. Unfortunately I can't, as I have someone else in mind. Nevertheless, I'm sure you are happy to know that it is the thought that counts. :D

View attachment 176565

Now, regarding the above 'trimmed' quotation, I must say that spending some time and talking with Travisty would actually be time extremely well spent and this has just reminded me again to try for an authorised biography. So that suggestion was very much a positive.

However......"may settle for either Sarah Hanson-Hyphen or Penny Wong"..........No....... Sorry, just NO, never!

Is Sarah Hanson-Hyphen even a real human being?

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am really glad that I saw this last post of yours Jack, as I have been meaning to reply to this ever since you first posted back on 17th November.
Firstly, as in the T&C's above, the competition doesn't close until next Wednesday; so a few days to go yet. :) There is still time to get on board and surf to stardom. :)

Now I need to thank you, because I was just going to give his competition the flick, as it was 25 words or less required to state who you'd love to see on the other side of a door. I have a deal of difficulty with 25 words or less. Usually for me, it is a deal-breaker. I keep asking the mods for an extension of the 10,000 character post limit, so I'm sure you can imagine my torment and distress at a mere 25 words.

Nonetheless, there were a couple of key words and phrases in the competition details which fired my imagination and really got the creative juices flowing. I had to fart around endlessly with the words trying to fit my brilliance within the 25 word limit. But a couple of days after your initial post I did; its done, and I am just awaiting the call of congratulations after next Wednesday. :D

Again, I apologise for not coming back sooner. When I win, I would like to invite you to share the $500 Qantas flight voucher and a $500 Qantas Hotels voucher with me. Unfortunately I can't, as I have someone else in mind. Nevertheless, I'm sure you are happy to know that it is the thought that counts. :D

Now, regarding the above 'trimmed' quotation, I must say that spending some time and talking with Travisty would actually be time extremely well spent and this has just reminded me again to try for an authorised biography. So that suggestion was very much a positive.

However......"may settle for either Sarah Hanson-Hyphen or Penny Wong"..........No....... Sorry, just NO, never!

Is Sarah Hanson-Hyphen even a real human being?
Thanks, JG. I must confess to a little mischief-making there after remembering comments you had made in other posts about two of the senators for South Australia.

I see now that I was misled by the information (reproduced in my original post) from Uber into thinking the competition ended on Wednesday 22 November whereas the terms and conditions do indeed make it clear that it remains open until Wednesday 13 December:

Duration

2. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am on Wednesday, 15 November 2017 and closes at 11:59pm on Wednesday, 13 December 2017 (Promotion Period).

I also noticed the following:

Notification of the winner

17. The winners will be notified by phone/email by Monday, 18 December 2017 and their names will be published in on qantas.com on Wednesday, 20 December 2017.

·
Premium Member
16,514 Posts
Duration

I also noticed the following:

Notification of the winner

17. The winners will be notified by phone/email by Monday, 18 December 2017 and their names will be published in on qantas.com on Wednesday, 20 December 2017.
G'day Jack. Well, the competition closed last night at midnight and as I have the winning entry for SA, I just had to give things a nudge and see where we are at.

Condition 17 above, indicates that I will be sweating a little longer before I get the call of congratulations next Monday, and I am then finally able to sweep the Babe off her feet with a flight to some exotic location ($500 - :rolleyes::rolleyes: ), maybe the Gold Coast, and put us up in a 5★ hotel for a weekend of frenzied desire and unbridled passion. :p

As I have been filled with great expectations with this competition, I have been in touch (not literally :eek: ) with Alan Joyce to try and help my case along. I even sent him a gift of some rainbow PJ's which he was very grateful for, so I think I have this in the bag.

However, I am continually going through the T & C's with a fine tooth comb and just now, I was shocked, absolutely shocked :eek::eek: to find what appears to be a term or condition which may indeed invalidate the entire competition. Look at this -

10. Judging will take place at 10am on Friday, 13 December 2017at the offices of the Promoter. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter (Adjudicator).

Friday is in fact the 15th of December. As there is no Friday the 13th of December, the judging cannot take place. And there I was, lavishly and slavishly feting Mr Joyce with his special PJ's. What a crock. What a scandal! This just goes to show the depths to which Über will plunge with their cunning and conniving behaviour to avoid their responsibilities and the resultant joy and celebration of bringing the two lovers together.

How on earth am I ever going to explain this? :(

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck, JG.

Something else I have noticed is that Uber and Qantas came up with different questions.

According to Uber, the question to be answered was ‘Who would you love to see on the other side of the door?’

According to Qantas’s condition 4, the question was ‘What door would you like us to take you to?’

Go figure.

·
Premium Member
16,514 Posts
Good luck, JG.

Something else I have noticed is that Uber and Qantas came up with different questions.

According to Uber, the question to be answered was 'Who would you love to see on the other side of the door?'

According to Qantas's condition 4, the question was 'What door would you like us to take you to?'

Go figure.
Thanks Jack. :)
I also noticed the difference in the question(s). Now that the judging is not possible as the day doesn't exist, I suppose it is all academic anyway.
I think the only flying I am going to be doing is 'by the seat of my pants.' :(

·
Premium Member
16,514 Posts
I'm a bit pissed off at Joycey.
Not only haven't I received an email yet, but I can't even find competition results, let alone my name as winner, on the Qantas website.
This is the last time I'm sending him rainbow coloured PJ's. Ungrateful bastard.

Does anybody else have any news on this?

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not only haven't I received an email yet, but I can't even find competition results, let alone my name as winner, on the Qantas website.
This is the last time I'm sending him rainbow coloured PJ's. Ungrateful bastard.

Who is John Galt?, the winners are due to be announced on the Qantas website on Wednesday 20 December, which has some hours to go. :)

·
Premium Member
16,514 Posts
Who is John Galt?, the winners are due to be announced on the Qantas website on Wednesday 20 December, which has some hours to go. :)
Yes, you're right. Sorry Jack.
Some hours to go.......just a little over 12 hours until I can serenade the Babe with,

Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
Once I get you up there,
Where the air is rarefied
We'll just glide
Starry eyed…

Come on and fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away

or otherwise......

·
Registered
735 Posts

You're not gay or a feminist woman. That's why he doesn't care to email you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts