Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Let me help him.
Corrected link:

https://blog.lyft.com/posts/add-a-stop

Now a Pax can enter a list of addresses that he/she wants to go to.

Before Lyft added this feature, I, as a Lyft driver, always ask pax to enter the 1st address that he/she wants to go.

Once I got there, his/her friend may join the ride or exit my car, and then I ask my pax again to update the address.

This feature is like Lyft Line / Uber Pool.

In Line/Pool, Lyft or Uber tells you where to go to pick up another someone.

In this "add-a-stop" feature, your PAX tells you where to go to pick up/ drop off another someone. You will be paid at Lyft rate, not Lyft Line rate.

These above are my $0.02.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It m
Let me help him.
Corrected link:

https://blog.lyft.com/posts/add-a-stop

Now a Pax can enter a list of addresses that he/she wants to go to.

Before Lyft added this feature, I, as a Lyft driver, always ask pax to enter the 1st address that he/she wants to go.

Once I got there, his/her friend may join the ride or exit my car, and then I ask my pax again to update the address.

This feature is like Lyft Line / Uber Pool.

In Line/Pool, Lyft or Uber tells you where to go to pick up another someone.

In this "add-a-stop" feature, your PAX tells you where to go to pick up/ drop off another someone. You will be paid at Lyft rate, not Lyft Line rate.

These above are my $0.02.
it means sitting for .15 a minute and waiting in drive-thru lines or outside cleaners. I do not want to run errands for people and wait for them while I make .15 cents a minute.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I don't understand Lyft's business practices. DRIVERS ALREADY HATE REROUTING AND DROPPING OFF BECAUSE WAIT TIMES PAY CLOSE TO NOTHING. These stops are going to be for 7-11 stops or fast food. $0.16/min in LA is $0.13 after Lyft's fees. 13 cents is like a cell phone call per minute charge like 20 years ago!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I don't understand Lyft's business practices. DRIVERS ALREADY HATE REROUTING AND DROPPING OFF BECAUSE WAIT TIMES PAY CLOSE TO NOTHING. These stops are going to be for 7-11 stops or fast food. $0.16/min in LA is $0.13 after Lyft's fees. 13 cents is like a cell phone call per minute charge like 20 years ago!
If the first destination ends up being a driver through, END RIDE.

Simple as that. They can order another driver when they're done. And don't let them leave their stuff in your car to anchor you if they want to run in "really quick".

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just further proof that the interests of drivers hardly matter to ride share companies like lyft and uber. Good luck waiting at the drive through at McDonald's or Waffle House for 30 minutes at 3:30 in the morning for pennies. For those of you who drive full time, get out as quickly as you can.

Driverless cars is the stated goal of these companies. Even if that's considered unrealistic, it's a telling insight into how these companies feel about drivers.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Just further proof that the interests of drivers hardly matter to ride share companies like lyft and uber. Good luck waiting at the drive through at McDonald's or Waffle House for 30 minutes at 3:30 in the morning for pennies. For those of you who drive full time, get out as quickly as you can.

Driverless cars is the stated goal of these companies. Even if that's considered unrealistic, it's a telling insight into how these companies feel about drivers.
Do you think that Uber and Lyft will let their driverless cars sit idle for 20 cents a minute while a rider does their business? Not a chance! But for us "partner" drivers it's quite allright.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One big pet peeve ... every now and then, I'll get a pax who treats me like I'm their errand driver. "Oh, I'm going here, then I need to pick up dry cleaning, then I need to go the pharmacy, then can you drop me off at work? It's not that far."

When I say, "No, you can only have one destination," they get pissy because every other Uber/Lyft driver has done it for them so far.

Now it's gonna be a feature. Lovely. I look forward to earning an extra $0.05 waiting for someone to grab Starbucks on the way to work 1 mile away.

·
Premium Member
26,816 Posts
Do you think that Uber and Lyft will let their driverless cars sit idle for 20 cents a minute while a rider does their business? Not a chance! But for us "partner" drivers it's quite allright.
Uber and Lyft are very generous with our time (therefore money). It is similar to the "free return of lost items". We should be able to be just as generous with their time and money.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Nothing new to me. Ive been taking people to gad stations fast good drive thrus and even ATMS. more money for me since more time and distance with pax.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nothing new to me. Ive been taking people to gad stations fast good drive thrus and even ATMS. more money for me since more time and distance with pax.
If you call making an additional 0.60 - 0.90 cents more money, then ... A return trip to the gas station or pharmacy is different from a stop on the way, usually at the drive through or the grocery store or any other errand on the way home while you earn a few cents a minute waiting.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I guess I'll argue the counterpoint here... As someone who only drives guaranteed hours, it gets me closer to 50 mins and eats up less gas while waiting in one spot.

And... Riders can already change destination at will anyway....

I guess I don't see big difference... If it turns into grocery store and you genuinely concerned it will be more than 3-5 mins, ask them to request another when ready as you can't stick around longer than 5 mins...

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you didn't mind stopping before this feature, I don't see anything wrong with it now. I will still give them the same 3 minutes in-and-out of any place, and no drive-thrus. It's their app, but it's my car and my time. Their features/policies change over time and so do mine. We may not be compatible anymore.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts