Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tell you this for a few reasons... generally between 4am-6:30am the morning of the marathon, the city surges as people try to get rides out to City Park. Other reason, of course, is that traffic anywhere near colfax, especially west of city of park, especially if you are trying to go north/south, is going to suck. Other reason is because if you are anywhere near city park towards the end of the marathon (people have until noon to finish I believe, and then they have food and bands and such for an hour or two after) there is a good chance you'll get some stinky riders. Not a bad idea to have some towels in your car just in case, and I don't know any runners that would be offended being asked to sit on one.
I'll be participating this year as I have the last few years, so if you want to get pissed for all the shutdowns, well, you can blame me for my portion of it :).

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
Yeah, last year as soon as they started to close off Colfax, I headed South and stayed south until I was ready to go home. But you will get riders from all over the city heading there, as well as people working the race.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess surge wise that was a pretty disappointing day! I was watching as Iw as driving down, as Iw as waiting to start, and as I was leaving... no surge at all! When I looked at the uber app, saw plenty of drivers in the area... guess it's like the New years effect - drivers heard there was surging and showed up in droves enough so there was no surge.
Hope you guys didn't get caught up in the traffic. This was the fourth year I've done the run, and I think the drivers were the worst of any year. Most of them have to wait a while to get through intersections until there is breaks in the runners to get through... which I feel kinda bad for them for, but this year I saw much more of the drivers taking big risks, cutting it way too close, one came within about a foot of hitting me in an intersection. Yeesh.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I logged in today for but didn't get a ride after 20 minutes of being logged in and went home. I usually do 3-4 rides per hour. Unusually slow, could have just been unlucky because I was only logged in for a short period of time. I wasn't feeling well or else I would have stayed out.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I logged in today for but didn't get a ride after 20 minutes of being logged in and went home. I usually do 3-4 rides per hour. Unusually slow, could have just been unlucky because I was only logged in for a short period of time. I wasn't feeling well or else I would have stayed out.
Yep been slow lately and the riders are a bit trashier.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just my friendly annual reminder that the colfax marathon and half-marathon are this sunday. Expect traffic anywhere along colfax to be a mess. The race starts at city park and usually there are lot of peoples wanting rides to and from the area, starting around 4-5 in the morning.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I killed it the morning of the marathon two years go when I drove, every ride I took had a surge and I cleaned house. With the new rates you can make an extra $5 or $6 for your troubles, woo woo!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts