Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
There's no way to stop it. When I open rider app and see roaches, I just go offline and wait until they are busy or they got tired and went home. It's extremely hard to control them but a bit easier to predict. Snowstorms, cockroaches run indoors, good time to drive.

I always carry raid in my car in case I run in to one on the road.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
If u see cock roaches.... Whats best way to stop?

Nothing at dollarams i checked
If it's your car just clean it out really well. Don't allow any food. If there's nothing to eat they'll leave. You could clean it then put a few roach motels in it when you're not driving to get stragglers if you're concerned.

Here in Houston I've had a big roach or two (not the small ones that infest the house, the big ones that are outside and occasionally come in) get in my car for no particular rrason--there's no food there, they're just outside looking. They don't set up shop. So one question would be what kind of roach. If it's the huge flying ones I'd not worry.

Now if you already have an infestation and they're in the radio etc. that's a bigger deal. But unlikely unless there's constant food available. You could get some diatomaceous earth and sprinkle it in the carpets (don't inhale the dust) then vacuum it up in a couple days, or some bait traps with boric acid, but I wouldn't recommend spraying as the smell will be horrible and as an asthmatic I wouldn't be happy as a pax.

But if all you've had is a couple that jumped out of someone's bag, just clean and vacuum really well and that should be the end of it.
Here in Houston we know all about roaches.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I got a rider he has 3 feet looking similar to ninja turtel. He sat in front seat and started breathing high and he could only message. I felt sorry for him. In highway while I was driving 120 km he messaged me I want to pee. I was like OMG please save me .I immediately got out of highway and he happily pee on parking lot. Every ****ing day is new experience. I am grateful for all money I got and will get from uber.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.