Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.jpg
BMW SUV taxi (no 3rd row).

Are the taxi companies now following the same unsustainable model as Uber? Is this a guy using his own vehicle or is that a company-issued vehicle? What's the maintenance cost on this thing?

·
Registered
174 Posts
How about the depreciation? I don't get these people who go out and buy a Prius so they can drive UberX and be real profitable since their gas consumption is so low. How about considering that you are turning a $30,000 vehicle into a $20,000 vehicle in one year with all the milage you are going to put on it. Subtract that from your earnings and tell me how you are left?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about the depreciation? I don't get these people who go out and buy a Prius so they can drive UberX and be real profitable since their gas consumption is so low. How about considering that you are turning a $30,000 vehicle into a $20,000 vehicle in one year with all the milage you are going to put on it. Subtract that from your earnings and tell me how you are left?
I'm still on the mend from being sick for the better part of the month. It's really ****in with my earnings. Didn't plan for this. It's extra painful since I'm paying business tax and airport renewal fees :/

Something else to think about when considering this type of work.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm still on the mend from being sick for the better part of the month. It's really ****in with my earnings. Didn't plan for this. It's extra painful since I'm paying business tax and airport renewal fees :/

Something else to think about when considering this type of work.
I checked that "Rewards" tab. Still no group disability plan.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Checker cab is now using Chrysler 300's , Black SUV's . They just placed an order for 3 more. Checker Drivers in Black Cars are paying $550 a week for the car, radio calls, & the right to take hails. Insurance & Tablet included.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do you know if they put a meter in their black cars? It would seem silly but it would also be illegal to have a meter and over here in Jacksonville. Only place that's legal in New York, where they have Uber taxi.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know if they put a meter in their black cars? It would seem silly but it would also be illegal to have a meter and over here in Jacksonville. Only place that's legal in New York, where they have Uber taxi.
Looks like a taxi to me, not a black car

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Taxi companies offer black car service. Why not? I don't think it's against the rules

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not at all, All three of the big Taxi companies offer taxis, shuttle service, and black cars. However, the only ones that you legally have a meter in them are the taxes. Black cars and shuttles always have a predetermined amount, prior to the customer getting into the car.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've known this driver personally for 10+ years. He's worked for us / with us the entire time and does mostly personals, and has a few big fish as priority otherwise it would not be worth it. Not saying it is worth it necessarily, but he makes it work.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've known this driver personally for 10+ years. He's worked for us / with us the entire time and does mostly personals, and has a few big fish as priority otherwise it would not be worth it. Not saying it is worth it necessarily, but he makes it work.
And the lady in the gmc?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JBRides & JBLady, you sure do make it hard to follow a thread... Anyway, the guy in the BMW, his name is Moe & the lady in the GMC Arcadia Denali, her name is Robin.
Saw her hauling ass through the base the other day

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm sure Robin told me that she was working for Coastal, then she went and got the Denali and started working for Uber... then a few weeks ago - her Denali goes into the shop & I see her picking up Uber Customers in a cab. This morning I ran into an African American Woman with White Hair that I know has been working for Coastal for years - and she told me that she was the only "Black Car" or Unmarked Cab 'Female" Driver working for Coastal. Just confused all around. Things must be super crazy on that side of the street.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The other day, I took my son to have his car detailed and we ordered an Uber to go to breakfast while the car was getting done. I couldn't find a black car in the area so we ordered an XL. The app showed only his photograph and name & listed his car model and his license plate. When he showed up, I could not find him because he was not driving the car that was listed in the app, he claimed that he had been in an accident and so he was driving another (better) vehicle. I was just so amazed at the blatant disregard for the way things are supposed to be done. On the way back, we ordered a black car, I swear the guy did not move until I called him on the phone, clearly 3 minutes had past and he was not moving... I know how to tell if they are moving... and he was going no-where.. so I called him.. then suddenly he starts moving... the eta was 6 minutes... he showed up in 9... couldn't imagine why he wouldn't start towards us right away...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts