Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
I got an AC ding. Don't know if too hot or too cold Uber doesn't say. I do know my AC works great and if someone wants it turned up or down just ask no problem.

Your cleanliness pax just wanted a free ride. It sucks taking such good care of your car at your own time and expense only to have some jerk in Lyft or Uber criticize you.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Took the car thru the car wash and vacuumed it out last night. Started at 0400 this morning and got a nasty gram from Lyft at 0530 that I had a cleanliness complaint.

WTaF?
I got a car smell complaint once the same day I got a new clean car badge. Then a week later the exact same thing happened again. I'm rather proud of that feat.

·
26,230 Posts
Took the car thru the car wash and vacuumed it out last night. Started at 0400 this morning and got a nasty gram from Lyft at 0530 that I had a cleanliness complaint.
I got a ding about my music, which hadn't been played for anyone for more than a month.
I got an AC ding. Don't know if too hot or too cold Uber doesn't say.
If this is the first time that this has happened to any of the above quoted posters, here is a hint: it ain't gonna' be the last.

I got a car smell complaint once the same day I got a new clean car badge. Then a week later the exact same thing happened again. I'm rather proud of that feat.
If this is the first time that this, or something similar, has happened to you, it ain't gonna' be the last fer that, neither.

That's the complaint.
I found out that from a rather loquacious "Expert" at the Green Light Centre. He asked me about it. He read the customer's nastygram to me. the customer was complaining that I did not have on the radio. The "Expert" and I agreed that had she wanted the radio ON, she should have asked.

Reactions: jgiun1

·
Registered
189 Posts
i got a complaint gor professionalism because i didnt want the windows rolled all thr way down at 1 am. f the uber and the rider, im not going to get sick for a 4 dollar ride for some guy that drank to much and is hot

·
Registered
67 Posts

WTaF?
Had same complaint this year, at least 3, once after thoroughly vacuuming car plus a touch-less car wash, I still received a cleanliness complaint and my van is new!

This has only happened on Lyft and I believe it was from short trips in the suburbs with no issues!. On Uber I got a "conversation" flag that was false and a few other minor false flags from some riders in the suburbs but it happens much more often on Lyft. It seems that Lyft's rating system encourages some people with an ax to grind or who've just had a terrible day to make certain false complaints against drivers.

I believe these pax choose the " cleanliness" complaint since it can't really be disproved such as a fake complaint for "navigation" "speed" that Lyft could easily confirm is a fake complaint by checking the route the driver took from their end. If questioned the rider could claim a previous rider left a mess in your car on the floor or seat that you must not have noticed!

I bet these pax who make the fake "cleanliness" complaints then call or go online to their bank and make a claim that the charge for this Lyft ride should be refunded to them due to receiving poor service from Lyft and use the "cleanliness" complaint as the reason!

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts

WTaF?
That is a problem with both Lyft and Uber. They send us these notices without any info as to the pax. Doesn't give us a chance for a rebuttal.

As a side point, could it have been from a trip the previous day before you went to the car wash?

·
Premium Member
12,198 Posts
That is a problem with both Lyft and Uber. They send us these notices without any info as to the pax. Doesn't give us a chance for a rebuttal.

As a side point, could it have been from a trip the previous day before you went to the car wash?
Yes it could. Complaints are often delayed so we don't know for sure which rider dinged us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow. I got a cleanliness complaint today and I definitely know who it was. Two young kids that live in rather nice area and I overheard one say to the other making up something so they get a free ride. So they picked “cleanliness”...must be pros at it....

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
i got a complaint gor professionalism because i didnt want the windows rolled all thr way down at 1 am. f the uber and the rider, im not going to get sick for a 4 dollar ride for some guy that drank to much and is hot
Did a pax try to roll his window down and you told him he couldn't? Are you located in CA?

I'm just curious how the whole incident went down - details please!

Any time you tell a snowflake "no" they'll punish you for it. They don't like being told "no" and they don't like it when someone tells them they can't do something. It hurts their widdle pwecious feelings.

Had same complaint this year, at least 3, once after thoroughly vacuuming car plus a touch-less car wash, I still received a cleanliness complaint and my van is new!

This has only happened on Lyft and I believe it was from short trips in the suburbs with no issues!. On Uber I got a "conversation" flag that was false and a few other minor false flags from some riders in the suburbs but it happens much more often on Lyft. It seems that Lyft's rating system encourages some people with an ax to grind or who've just had a terrible day to make certain false complaints against drivers.

I believe these pax choose the " cleanliness" complaint since it can't really be disproved such as a fake complaint for "navigation" "speed" that Lyft could easily confirm is a fake complaint by checking the route the driver took from their end. If questioned the rider could claim a previous rider left a mess in your car on the floor or seat that you must not have noticed!

I bet these pax who make the fake "cleanliness" complaints then call or go online to their bank and make a claim that the charge for this Lyft ride should be refunded to them due to receiving poor service from Lyft and use the "cleanliness" complaint as the reason!
When a pax complains about cleanliness, they should be required to submit a photo of the car's interior (they manage to take video and take photos on the down low ALL THE TIME.) They need to PROVE IT.

Upon notification of the complaint, the driver should then be required to take a photo of the "unclean" interior and submit it immediately - within 2 minutes of opening the notification (so no time to really clean up if it truly is unclean.) I'm sure 98% of the time, it will be a false claim and Uber/Lyft won't need to keep giving free rides to people. At least with that ridiculous claim.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts