Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone requested a cleaning fee from uber?

Had a quick look at their requirements basically says if it stops you earning any further you can request a cleaning fee.

I'm not waiting till the next morning for a car detailer to clean the spew from my car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was the other day, lucky it was all down the outside of the car but did get me thinking what I would of done if it was inside

·
Registered
998 Posts
Ok - have had a lot of detailing experience, try to do the following :
1) immediately make sure your aircon is on flow thru not recirc - this will stop the smell getting in your system and the filters (this is one area that holds the smell )
2) make sure all windows are down immediately - the more flow thru the better - stops the smell getting into the seats / carpets / and roof lining
3) go straight to nearest Carwash / servo - they don't tell you but the turbo car vacs are actually wet/dry systems so you can vac a lot of the mess straight up - you can even pull the nozzle off to use the pipe itself - ( the Imo Carwash near us is great for this because they empty them so often which means more suction )
4) when you have vac as much out as possible then use kitty litter or other absorbent stuff on carpet ( will soak up moisture and deodorise the smell ) -
Then vac again
5) glen 20 always helps in killing the smell
6) then with warm water and soap like dish washing liquid (a gentle soap) wipe down all hard surfaces - you may need a tooth brush for cracks etc but worth it to clean properly
Hope this helps - SSDD

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Why would you need a car detailer if it's down the side of the car? Take a picture, go get a $10 car wash and get back on the road. Report the incident to Uber, I'm sure they'll pay out the $10 if you take a decent picture. Even if they don't, it's only $10. I wouldn't bother going to a place like Sparkles just to get spew off the side of the car and pay them $30+ for it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info SSDD, anozzie I didn't bother claiming from uber however it did get me thinking what a hassle it potentially can be tbrough uber.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The biggest trouble if someone does spew in your car is:

You can't drive again until it's cleaned - so on a Saturday night, that may mean you are off the road until Monday.

Uber may well compensate you for the cleaning of the car, but they won't compensate you for not being able to drive for 24+ hours.

·
Registered
271 Posts
1) immediately make sure your aircon is on flow thru not recirc - this will stop the smell getting in your system and the filters (this is one area that holds the smell )
2) make sure all windows are down immediately - the more flow thru the better - stops the smell getting into the seats / carpets / and roof lining
3) go straight to nearest Carwash / servo - they don't tell you but the turbo car vacs are actually wet/dry systems so you can vac a lot of the mess straight up - you can even pull the nozzle off to use the pipe itself - ( the Imo Carwash near us is great for this because they empty them so often which means more suction )
4) when you have vac as much out as possible then use kitty litter or other absorbent stuff on carpet ( will soak up moisture and deodorise the smell ) -
Then vac again
6) then with warm water and soap like dish washing liquid (a gentle soap) wipe down all hard surfaces - you may need a tooth brush for cracks etc but worth it to clean properly
Hope this helps - SSDD
Good post, I never knew that stuff. I have had one before just down the side of the seat and got it off with baby wipes. Going to remember all you said though, very useful info.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Invest in these!

I especially like the ml levels on the side of these - nothing better than knowing exactly how many chucks you've blown :D The picture of the bag rolled down on the right looks like it is a condom for a horse or something though.

BITD when I used to drink to the point where I'd throw up, I seriously doubt in my inebriated state I would get half of it in one of these bags though.

Never ever spewed in a cab I'm proud to say - either went the 2 finger salute at whatever night spot I was at in the bathroom first or made it home and then hugged the toilet bowl for dear life until the world started spinning back in the correct direction.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeh, I do also, my daughter had Leukemia 4 years ago and we had hundreds of them lol, they were the first things to go in the car. My spewer didn't seem sick though and she got all over herself instead of the car.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Why would you need a car detailer if it's down the side of the car? Take a picture, go get a $10 car wash and get back on the road. Report the incident to Uber, I'm sure they'll pay out the $10 if you take a decent picture. Even if they don't, it's only $10. I wouldn't bother going to a place like Sparkles just to get spew off the side of the car and pay them $30+ for it.
Its well worth claiming, some ****er spewed down the outside of my car on a friday night at about 10pm, I was very lucky nothing got on the inside.
I went to a servo, took photos, went through the car wash and then had some dinner to calm down.

While having dinner I sent the photos and gave an a brief summary. I went back on the road about 90 minutes later and worked the next few hours. On Sat afternoon I got an email from Uber advising that they will deposit an extra $150 in my pay. They simply debit the riders bank account/credit card for the amount...

It cost me less than $20 to clean the mess, $20 for the burger and got an extra $110 for the 2 hrs I was off the road, always make a claim, make it appear worse, Uber don't care as they just charge the filthy cu#t who ****s you around (I'm still pissed off it happened).

·
Registered
537 Posts
Then vac again
Hope this helps - SSDD
Hats off to you for sharing this, it is very good advice.

It would be fantastic if we could please republish it on this SDA page with full credit to sameshitdiffday of course.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts